cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed Twice. Public Rewards Not Adding to Bill Despite being on the older reward system

ashleyfitingof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On February 17th I logged into MyAccount and it said my account was "Suspended" and if I don't take action account would deactivate sometime in May of 2023. I found that to be strange since Public Mobile billed me correctly from the previous month and credit card on file was up to date.

I changed my plan to the current $40 4G 15GB promo plan and everything seemed to go through Ok. Account changed from Suspended Status to Active Status.

However, I checked my credit card and there are two pending transactions. One amount being $45.20 from Feb 17. And a 2nd amount for $39.55 which I assume was billed Feb 18.

On top of being billed twice I do not see any of my Public Rewards being added to reduce my bill.

2 REPLIES 2

@ashleyfitingof wrote:

On February 17th I logged into MyAccount and it said my account was "Suspended" and if I don't take action account would deactivate sometime in May of 2023. I found that to be strange since Public Mobile billed me correctly from the previous month and credit card on file was up to date.

I changed my plan to the current $40 4G 15GB promo plan and everything seemed to go through Ok. Account changed from Suspended Status to Active Status.

However, I checked my credit card and there are two pending transactions. One amount being $45.20 from Feb 17. And a 2nd amount for $39.55 which I assume was billed Feb 18.

On top of being billed twice I do not see any of my Public Rewards being added to reduce my bill.

Unfortortunately, when performing an immediate plan change, the old plan and payment are forfeited.  Also, the rewards would have already been applied to the first plan.  There is on-screen warning when requesting an immedate plan change.  As for the Self Serve page showing an suspended notice, this is long standing website error and should be ignored as long as you service is still working (which I suspect that it might have been).   Based on that, I would I suggest opening a ticket to ask a customer support agent for assistance.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ashleyfitingof , pending transactions might not complete.  Some might be placeholders.  Please login to your self serve account using incognito mode and check the payment history.  That should reflect actual past and future payment.  

Need Help? Let's chat.