cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best place to purchase Unlocked phones

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi all,

Besides BestBuy where has a good selection of unlocked phones (at reasonable prices obviously)?

14 REPLIES 14

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi all 

Never heard of these guys. Orchard phones?

@esjliv thanks for the tip!!  Will wait till Black Friday.  In fact I'm also interested in a chromebook.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin 

ebay has really good deals. just make sure to change your search settings to Canada only. make sure the device is also Canadian. you can message the seller and ask for details

roberto24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i idid buy my phone in canada computers beacause it has sim free devices ,better than unlocked phones .you can use it in any carrier and yhe phone is completely clean.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

Hi all,

Besides BestBuy where has a good selection of unlocked phones (at reasonable prices obviously)?

@rossputin 

Black Friday last year for BestBuy and Walmart were the best deals I found last year on two phones. 

I was shopping around for months, and even checked prices on boxing day and new year's day sales; the Black Friday ones beat these prices.

Soo, if you can hold out for November 26th (although deals come out sooner) you may find a great deal.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are in no rush to get a new phone then try AliExpress.  

cloud7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I find that Costco has decently cheap phones that go on sale from time to time.  Do not go to the desk that sell cell phone/plans but rather go to the electronic section of the store as you enter the warehouse. The last time I was there, there were two Motorola phones available. 

@rossputin 

Pretty good price on an open box Sony Xperia 10 lll 128GB for $460 right now.....

https://swiftronics.ca/collections/smartphones/products/open-box-sony-xperia-10-iii-128gb-6gb-ram-xq...

Edit:

Or $495 new from here....but I have no idea about their business reputation?

https://www.mi4canada.com/sony-xperia-10-iii-6gb-128gb-blue-5g-dual-sim/

@rossputin 

Swiftronics is a good option. I know you are nervous about warranty but B&H Photo when they have a good deal zone offering. If you want a dual SIM international phone reasonably priced you can call Foreign Electronics on east Broadway in Vancouver and ask what they currently have in stock at what price? I bought my A320 there in 2017. Very honest straightforward couple of guys there.

I believe Costco sells them online too. 

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rossputin 

Bought mine off a warehouse 'shelf' at   Costco last November.

There is also a third party booth within the 'warehouse',  which I never bothered personally to chk out .

Then bought  the PM Sim from L'Drugs.

p.s. looking at their website,  they seem to have 13 unlocked,  ranging from $230 ---> $2060,    4 brands.

If new.....no where all are price fixed....like Nike runners. 

Unlocked....all new as of December 2017 had to be sold unlocked. 

Any iPhone at Apple store is unlocked to.....from day one. 

Used....Public Mobile, Telus, Mobile Klinik. Craigslist.  

Never at eBay. 

Know how to check a used phone. I have never been skunked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : Staples, London Drugs, Costco, I'm not saying the W name 🙂 but trying to help. Cell repair shops likely have used ones. The stores also call them prepaid phones as a synonym of unlocked.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

try Amazon ..would be best if you could pick those shipped by and sold by Amazon.. or at least shipped by Amazon.

Need Help? Let's chat.