cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for add on not authorized -- why?

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The following un-authorized add on appeared on my account page-why? (100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk. -$5)

PS. Also another family account shows the same un-authorized deduction. It looks like the accounts were credited $5 because or the last Decembers "refer a friend "promo and then reversed by the $5 debit for the un-authorized add on.

Has this also happened to other members?

12 REPLIES 12

Good point @Tsawwassen 

Indeed, many users who have stuck to one method of access (be it community or self serve accounts) have found an alternate one, sometimes gives options and views which can be very different or unexpected.

Tsawwassen

Never before did I get or perhaps noticed  this adjustment -- also not all PM account details are shown on my phone as opposed to my laptop. Nevertheless as you point out, this question may help new customers.

@BKNS27- This isn't Tsawwassen's first billing. He's been here a while. But these questions are always good for other newer customers.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

I was confused about my first billing too with the separate breakup of the plan. 🤔

That’s a screenshot from your payments tab, correct @Tsawwassen ?

If so, it’s just an internal breakdown – the total would sum to your plan price.

It’s not a recurring add on purchase.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Or as others have correctly pointed out @Tsawwassen , are you looking at the price breakdown of the $15 plan in the payments tab?

Those are just broken down into a service plan/calling component and data component for PMs internal record-keeping type purposes.  They really don’t mean a lot to the consumer.

Tsawwassen

Cut and pasting --

100 Minutes Canada-Wide TalkDebit-$5.00Available Funds Balance: $0.00

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There's no such thing as a 100 minute Canada-wide add-on for $5. Where do you see this mentioned? Is it in your payment history? That's how the $15 plan gets broken down there. $10 base and in this case $5 for the rest.

@Handy1 wrote:

@Tsawwassen  Is it possible that you accidentally purchased a add on while viewing them otherwise reach  out to support to investigate 

There's no such thing as a $5/100 minute add-on. That description matches up with the $15 price plan.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen 

make sure to click the little refresher icons on the self serve page to ensure you’re not viewing an outdated or cached version.

As far as the add-on, it’s a useless one unless you are on the $15 plan with limited outgoing minutes.

Are you, or were you at one time, on that plan and purchased the add on?  If so, it will remain on your account so long as you have an unlimited calling plan now selected.

@Tsawwassen wrote:

The following un-authorized add on appeared on my account page-why? 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk. -$5

You're not being overcharged. The $15 plan price is made up of the that $5 charge added to another $10 charge.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tsawwassen  Is it possible that you accidentally purchased a add on while viewing them otherwise reach  out to support to investigate 

Need Help? Let's chat.