cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful with giving out your PM number as a referral.

thirstyturtle18
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My friend got a request for a PM referral (on reddit) over the weekend and today they learned that the person who asked for the PM referral number didn't want it to join PM. The person who requested the referral instead used my friends number to unlock/receive the Koodo migration offer behind my friend's back, and thus their number is no longer eligible for future Koodo offers. Referee's beware!

Time for PM to stop using personal and private information (ie. your personal phone number) as the code used to refer people. Making it a system generated code would be much more private and secure. Much the way Koodo does the referral system.

31 REPLIES 31

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@thirstyturtle18

Some people are just so inconsiderate and take advantage of others.  On RFD, there was also a public mobile phone number generator that some people were using.  

I hope that your friend is able to get their promo and get Koodo to ban the other person who stole the phone number.  

Another way for Koodo to do these migrations is to include phone number and account number.  That would work better

Need Help? Let's chat.