cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be aware of Public Mobile when you leave them

crawford0818
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number out to Bell in Sep. due to lace of communication and poor services, my text never worked well.

I was still being charged in Sep. 28 and Oct. 28 after ported my number out.

I now realized the account is still active and I will be charged again in Nov.

What a rip off?

Isn't my account aupposed to be deleted after transfer?

Nope. Even I don't get any services from public mobile, I am still being charged.

Be aware of this company!

I sent all the info they requested, but got no response.

Freaking liers! 

19 REPLIES 19

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wonder_why wrote:

No money refund as you know PM are Prepared Services Plan sorry to say it 😋

In this case it's being charged for a service that wasn't rendered, and legally, PM must refund them.

Jascanz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help, I ported out my number to Koodo! Didn’t cancel auto pay. 
now I can’t access self serve since the number is Ported out. I need to cancel auto pay. I don’t know how to contact a moderator. I tried with no success and auto robot isn’t able to create a ticket. I need to cancel auto pay coz they will debit my card today. It’s so useless Service that’s why I am no longer willing to be with public

With the new billing cycle starting September 28th, I'm going to assume that the port out from Public Mobile was done before that.

If a customer gets charged after porting out, whether or not autopay was disabled or not, there shouldn't be any further charges, and if there are, Public Mobile will owe the customer a refund as no services were provided.

Something like this is preventable though.  What probably should automatically happen upon port out is that the autopay be disabled and the no plan be left on the account, but somehow, it looks like the Public mobile service just stops working, the self-serve account locked out, yet the plan remains and autopay remains enabled and the billing system obviously thinks that another billing cycle's plan fees are due.   I'm certain that this is fixable by Public mobile having the billign system reprogrammed.  When and if that will ever be done remains to be seen. 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No money refund as you know PM are Prepared Services Plan sorry to say it 😋

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@crawford0818  unfortnatly it is taking mods 3-4 days to reply to messages.  no need to file a ccts complaint, as they will ask what steps did you take to reslove the issue.

as long as you removed your cc info from the account you should be good.  what does your account status say?  is the phone number correct on the account? as mentioned it is so strange that the account is did not close once you ported out. 

crawford0818

2 days now, still no replies from moderator team. Is it because I uploaded all evidences?

well. filed a complaint to CCTS. Hope I can get my money back

crawford0818

yes. everything been working fine with Bell. It was never worked fine with public mobile when I was with them. that's why I ported out

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crawford0818 wrote:

yes. I did log into my account and disconnect my credit card yesrerday

So that's good. At least now you won't get anymore charges.

I thought wonder_why had a good question. Do you believe that the port over was completely successful?

Is your service completely working with your new provider?

Just curious.

crawford0818

yes. I did log into my account and disconnect my credit card yesrerday

crawford0818

I have done everything they asked. Sent 3 messages, no replies at all!

Isn't this interesting?

Sent proof of bill from Bell of sep.

Credit card charges of Sep. 28 and Oct. 28

Screen shot of public mobile account number, name 

where is moderator team?

I want my money back!

popping

Someone reported the same problem recently.  But moderator was not able to find his/her account to stop the autopay.  Therefore, take a sreenshot of your overview page NOW while you can.  The overview page will have your account number, your email address used for your account and alternate phone number.  

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@crawford0818 are you sure your phone number have been ported out from PM ? 

I have ported out PM before some of line, I didn't even removed my auto pay,all get cancelled after I port out , I still have some line with PM

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The specific incident reported by the OP is unfortunate...

It is one reason I think more people should take advantage of notifications from their CC issuer, if available!  I have this enabled on all my cards (whether it's Push notifications from an app, or SMS from the issuer), and I monitor transactions religiously.  If an unexpected transaction goes through, I usually know within moments and can react to it, and mitigate the "damage"...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is rather unfortunate the self serve continues to charge closed accounts from time to time.  Lesson learned is to remove the auto pay feature before closing the account.  @crawford0818, you offered a rant, but missed out on this critical step.  Enjoy your time with Bhell.  It would be great to hear back from you in few months time to see how the service there is so much superior.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

As a consumer, your best actions when cancelling services is to always remove the autopay/direct debit type of payment prior to ending your service no matter what service it is.  Control your information yourself - do not rely on a system to do it for you.

Yes, porting out is *supposed* to cancel your service, but here at Public Mobile, there seem to be a lot of this happening.

Again with the spot-on response.

It's also why I don't do automatic anything with money.

(although I have the autopay set up here for $2 🙂 ) If you never let it hit the cc then the cc could expire and you still get the reward. Just don't let it hit.

I think it's reasonable to assume that when stopping service with a company that all transactions would stop but...it's up to you the customer to make sure and to not give them the chance. Trust a profit-motive-driven corporation...uh huh...not.

@crawford0818

From the previous post, hopefuly you were able to access your acccount and disable the autopay as suggested.  If you removed autopay, you will not pay for November....

The moderators will get back to you, but the wait times have been extremely long.  One of our regular contributors had to wait one week for response.  

The weird thing is that when you port out, your self service account usually shuts down, so something went wrong during the porting process either when you ported to Public MObile or when you ported out of Public Mobile.  It is possible maybe that you did not even successfully port in in the first place, when you ported out again.....   maybe that is why Public Mobile has not "closed" your account and stopped payment....

As a consumer, your best actions when cancelling services is to always remove the autopay/direct debit type of payment prior to ending your service no matter what service it is.  Control your information yourself - do not rely on a system to do it for you.

Yes, porting out is *supposed* to cancel your service, but here at Public Mobile, there seem to be a lot of this happening.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is generally recommended that you disable autopay before porting out your number to avoid being accidentally charged after leaving.  If you forget to do this and can no longer access your account, it is recommended that you contact the Moderator Team to remove autopay for you.

In your case, you need to wait for the Moderator Team to reverse the charges for you.

mimmo

@crawford0818 are you still able to loginto your old account?

Need Help? Let's chat.