cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avctivated new sim for new number. My phone not works but the number is belong to someone else!

nhohanoi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I just activated my sim card.

I took a new phone number and I'm able to log in to my account.

However, my phone not works. I tried to restart, removed sim, and many other actions but nothing happened. 

I tried to call my new number by another phone. Someone picked up!! 

I don't know what happened and need your help.

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20

WTFiswithPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Common boo boo or not, this just happened to me!? Guess what, I kept my number but ... what of the other guy's number ... are we on a party line now!? Can he hear my conversations or I hear his!? Did I just unknowingly, yet legally, steal his number!? Upon him veryfying that his number was the one I indeed picked, and my sister calling that number and him answering after the site said my card was active yet my phone hadn't synced yet, gotta wonder about security hear ... or lack of!? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nhohanoi wrote:

Dear my friends,

The issue is solved by CSA.

Thank you so much for your support.

Cheers.

@nhohanoi 

glad to hear that

enjoy your service..

nhohanoi

Dear my friends,

The issue is solved by CSA.

Thank you so much for your support.

Cheers.

nhohanoi

Thank you.

I really appreciate that. Surely I will contact CSA.

Best wishes

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nhohanoi : To elaborate on whatever the above was trying to say...we fellow customers can very often offer workarounds and tricks to get your service working without needing to talk to the CSA's.

In your case, it might be coincidental with an outage today.

Have you rebooted your phone? Or flipped in/out of airplane mode? Both?

Can you log in to your self-serve account and manually add another $1 into your account. That has been known to sometimes give your account a bit of a kick.

Does your account show the new number that you changed to?

There's also a known workaround of temporarily suspending your service. But lets try the couple options first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nhohanoi wrote:

Hi,

My issue is:

- 2 days ago, I activated new sim card, got new number and found that someone has been using this number.

- Changed to new number -> phone has no signal.

@nhohanoi 

just to you know all member in here they are customer like me and you and we try to help other customer what they are have a lot of nice information maybe you getting help with out contact to customer service by CSA, but in your case you have to contact to CSA to them allowed to check it in your account and in here no one can help you and going in your account only by them CSA. don't lose your time, send to them and let them check it for you.

Good Luck...

@nhohanoi wrote:

Hi,

My issue is:

- 2 days ago, I activated new sim card, got new number and found that someone has been using this number.

@nhohanoi   Yes, I remember your case

it is just unfortunate .  One after another.  Give PM another chance  🙂

I would wait for couple hours, or even till tomorrow morning.  The issue is certainly not resolved yet.  Telus has its initial tweet about Winnipeg at around 4pm and then an updated one around 6pm.  So, give them a bit more time.  

Reboot your phone every hour to see if any good news.  If tomorrow morning still no sign of connection, then open a ticket with CS Agent.

nhohanoi

Hi,

My issue is:

@nhohanoi wrote:

I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba,

@nhohanoi 

What exactly is YOUR issue here, can you explain?

Please read here for some info. related to your area: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nhohanoi wrote:

Thank you. I found that there is no outage in my area.

@nhohanoi 

if still have not working you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

see at my OP instructions how to contact to customer service support by public mobile,

nhohanoi

Thank you. I found that there is no outage in my area.

@nhohanoi   Winnipeg is affected by this outage. There is no confirmation that issue is resolved.  You might want to wait couple hours until the issue is resolved.  Try to reboot your phone in the mean time until it starts working

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nhohanoi wrote:

@nhohanoi 

check out 

TELUS Service Status outage

nhohanoi

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nhohanoi wrote:

I made it and got a new number but nothing works.

This number is unavailable.

@nhohanoi 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

or can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

@nhohanoi   where are you ?  Not sure if it is related,   There is system issue today affecting Ontario and Quebec.  Maybe this is causing your problem now?

nhohanoi

I made it and got a new number but nothing works.

This number is unavailable.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nhohanoi   this thing happened before.  PM might have given you a number that already assigned.  That is a common boo boo for Telus/Koodo/PM.  

Since the number is already assigned, there is no way to keep this number

Logon to My Account and Click Change Phone number and pick another number.

E-MyAcc-ChangePhoneNum.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nhohanoi 

if you have a new number I would say to change your number will be the best option,

How Changing Your Number

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here link and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number 

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Need Help? Let's chat.