cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Pakistan add on time

Kabir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 530 mins available time for calling Pakistan. However operator is saying I have no balance.

12 REPLIES 12

Devcon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am sorry for the incorrect information that I had provided. I stand corrected. $50 plan only gives you unlimited calling between Canada and the USA. 

@Devcon wrote:

I am unsure why your international calling minutes are not working. But if you are able to switch to a monthly $50 plan, you would be able to call and text unlimited  to Pakistan anytime for as long as you would like. 

@Devcon   This is not true.  $50 does not give you those features

All current PM plans give you the access to Unlimited International text and MMS for free, so, you can text to Pakistan without problem.

No plan in PM gives you unlimited calling to Pakistan.  To call Pakistan, you have to buy the 750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes  for $15 (or 10 Reward points).  People can buy this add-on regardless of the plan they are currently subscribed to

$50, $60 or $70 plans allow you to call US, other than Canada,  for free as well, not anywhere else

Devcon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unsure why your international calling minutes are not working. But if you are able to switch to a monthly $50 plan, you would be able to call and text unlimited  to Pakistan anytime for as long as you would like. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dougc 

Actually it's not even the telus courtesy message the OP is hearing but the cheery pm guy telling you that you don't have the add on to make the call which in this case is untrue because it's a common glitch. You can have an unlimited calling plan and want to call the wife and you will get the same recording because of the glitch of trying to make any outgoing call....even to 611.

One must power off the phone for a good 10 minutes. Reboot and call a frequently called phone # (like the wife) and the call should go thru....sometimes it takes longer. It's a common glitch as a new customer that lessens over time. After the first year it's rarely occurs....just another weird pm glitch.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dougc: Colliding old and new worlds here. 🙂 No. I would be certain that Kabir is referring to a recording telling him his call can't go through. Remember the old deep voice recording saying "We're sorry...".

Doug...let google be your friend. Just google how to dial your country from Canada and you'll get instruction. Perdy ez nowadays...as long as you have a Long Distance Add-on to the country of your calling.

HI @dougc   

You can actually start your own post for your own question

PM cannot call every country in the world. Only selected one and you have to buy proper add-on ahead of time , then you can make the call

Make I know where you want to call?  I can tell you exactly which addon to buy

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry Kabir if this may take away from your  (important) query  as OP !

This is new to me,  as I've never called International long dist. yet,  using a 'smartie phone'. 

We actually go thru an operator that has access to our  PM acc't  ?

Doug

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This happened before with UK mins and a reboot fixed it.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Kabir 

Log into self service and look under My Data & Add-Ons and confirm that you have minutes left. Seconds are rounded up to the nearest minute, so a 10 second call is rounded up to 1 minute.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kabir   Reboot the phone once, probably just a system glitch

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try again to see if it works for you...sometimes things just glitch out around here.

edit...

011-92-area code- number.

Need Help? Let's chat.