cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Funds & Autopay?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I used a prepaid card to activate my account. I have autopay set to off since there is only a couple of dollars left on the card.

I am going to buy some vouchers to add to my account so I will be carrying a balance in Available Funds.

I activated on the $40 plan with 15 GB. The sim is going to be used in a spare phone I have by someone visiting Canada. They can make calls, text and use it as a hotspot for their computer while they are here.

Once my 30 days is finished, I have 90 days to make a payment before the account is closed. I am not sure when my friend will come visit again, therefore I might choose to renew either on a high data plan if I am expecting him or the $15 plan if no visit just to keep the account from closing.

My question is with autopay pay off, if I am carrying a balance in Available Funds will it renew my account automatically at the end of the 30 day cycle? Is autopay only for a credit card on file or does it pertain to the balance in Available Funds as well?

If after 30 days I did not renew my $40 plan and on day 75, I wanted to go on the $15 plan how would I go about reactivating on the $15 plan?

Thanks in advance for all posts.

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 @cellphoneuser1 

The 90 days starts after your 30 day cycle ends or what would have been day 1 of your new 30 day cycle. However it can be easy to confuse what is day 90 and whether you need to pay by, on or before day 90. Make it simple and absolutely pay by day 89 (preferably a few days before it). Currently your account will list your deactivation date....pay before this date. I still don't 100% trust the dates in self serve and seeing as I have managed to screw this up twice I now plan to pay by day 88 at the latest. I keep 2FA disabled so I don't have to go thru that hassle.

@Hollister 

Suspending your service guarantees that your account cannot be reactivated by any other means....autopay (I keep mine enabled to earn the $2 autopay reward), by the balance equalling or exceeding the plan amount or (as I discovered) by having less than your plan amount and getting a credit (unexpectedly?)added to your account.

Edit: Autopay is enabled with a $0 visa/gift card so guaranteed to fail regardless.

However it is important to keep in mind that when suspended via lost/stolen adding funds via 611 will not automatically reactivate your account it will only top up your available funds. You must log into your account and resume service via lost/stolen. Unlike in our old self serve accounts this does not guarantee reactivation even with enough funds to cover your plan amount. Be sure to confirm that your plan has reactivated by checking for working services or if that's not possible log in again (using secret/incognito mode) a half hour later and check your transaction history. I had to get a CSA to reactivate an account after topping up the account and downloading the receipt but the plan did not reactivate.....good thing I double checked an hour later on day 89!

To reactivate on a different plan than the existing plan on the account it depends on whether you are suspended for non payment or via lost/stolen.

For non payment go to the plans and add ons page and click on "change plan". Choose the new plan and click on change plan "now" or immediately. This will take you to the payment page where you top up the amount needed for the new plan and submit. Always download your receipt as it's your only opportunity to do so. To be safe also check your transaction history to ensure you got what you wanted....mistakes happen if one occurred immediately contact customer support to fix it.

For lost/stolen it can be trickier as I haven't confirmed if the new self serve accounts have stopped an automatic reactivation on the existing plan when the available funds equal or exceed the plan amount once you resume service....and whether suspending before midnight eastern on day 30 prevents this because the plan has not renewed vs suspending after midnight eastern but before the plan amount is taken. (Will be testing the latter in less than a week.) If the plan does not automatically reactivate then you can go to the plans and add ons page as with "non payment" above and change plans accordingly. If your plan does reactivate automatically then contact customer support (after adding any additional funds if you are upgrading) to fix the unavoidable error and change your plan to the intended plan. If the plan is less they will credit the difference to your account balance.

Currently I do not have an account of mine or one I manage suspended via/lost before midnight eastern on day 30 (lol....I lost track of time....oops!) But I do have one suspended after midnight eastern with an available balance exceeding the plan amount.

No deactivation date when suspended via lost/stolen.No deactivation date when suspended via lost/stolen.

And an account with an available balance below the plan amount suspended for non payment that I will be upgrading the plan when reactivating.

Deactivation date listed and the ability to change plans is not greyed out due to lost/stolen being enabled.Deactivation date listed and the ability to change plans is not greyed out due to lost/stolen being enabled.

@JK8, @cellphoneuser1 - User @darlicious could confirm but I think the 90 days starts after the 30 days would have ended regardless of when the account was self-suspended.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Hollister wrote:

I used a prepaid card to activate my account. I have autopay set to off since there is only a couple of dollars left on the card.

I am going to buy some vouchers to add to my account so I will be carrying a balance in Available Funds.

I activated on the $40 plan with 15 GB. The sim is going to be used in a spare phone I have by someone visiting Canada. They can make calls, text and use it as a hotspot for their computer while they are here.

Once my 30 days is finished, I have 90 days to make a payment before the account is closed. I am not sure when my friend will come visit again, therefore I might choose to renew either on a high data plan if I am expecting him or the $15 plan if no visit just to keep the account from closing.

My question is with autopay pay off, if I am carrying a balance in Available Funds will it renew my account automatically at the end of the 30 day cycle? Is autopay only for a credit card on file or does it pertain to the balance in Available Funds as well?

If after 30 days I did not renew my $40 plan and on day 75, I wanted to go on the $15 plan how would I go about reactivating on the $15 plan?

If you have a balance in Available Funds same as me, PM will automatically withdraw fund from Available Funds at renew date and PM won't charge from credit card or debt card. So the auto pay never fail.

@JK8 wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 

Does lost stolen start counting days right away?

yes

@cellphoneuser1 

Does lost stolen start counting days right away?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Hollister wrote:

Balance in account will get used and plan is gong to renew as usual if enough is there.  Keep the balance less than plan price or set the phone into lost/stolen phone mode.  Don't let it stay that way for 90 days or account gets closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.