cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay ignored, had to top up manually and was orvercharged!

gdr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,
my autopay payment was ignored by Public mobile today. It appears in my payment history of Public mobile and my bank provider (both screenshots attached), but it was not recognized bu the cell network and I could not make any call today until I toped up the account manually (payment also shown on the screenshots). Still, the autopay was charged and never re-appeared on my Public mobile credit. Also, my credit card statement shows the charge of $28 instead of $25,76, the amount that gets charged when on autopay for my plan.

I need advice how to contact the moderator team to resolve the issue and get $28 back to my account. Thanks.

public mobile 2.JPGpublic mobile.JPG

14 REPLIES 14

Seawatersoul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everytime I see your name I start to sing fergalicious lol but with darlicious tehehehehe 🤗💛 hope you're doing well my new friend!! 🙌🙌🙌 And thankyouuuuu ❤️

@Seawatersoul 

Basically it means  you manualy top up your account a day or two before renewal guaranteeing you will never have an autopay failure and lose service but collect the $2 autopay reward anyways.

I think they meant.. you still setup Autopay on your My Account to get the $2 reward...

but before the due day, you add fund to your account manually.  The fund will be stayed as "Available Fund" on your My account.  PM will take money there.   So, no Autopay will trigger since you already manually added fund, but you still getting the $2 rewards

@Seawatersoul wrote:

May I please ask that the hybrid system is? ☺️✌️💛

A few days before your next renewal...you can manually pay for it.

As long as you have a valid cc on file and set to Autopay, you'll still get the Autopay Reward of $2.

That seems to minimize occurrence of the dreaded Autopay glitch seen by some customers.

Seawatersoul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

May I please ask that the hybrid system is? ☺️✌️💛

@sugarorange6 

If autopay fails that earliest you would lose service is 6am eastern.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@gdr 

I would suggest to use the Hybrid auto pay system to avoid this glitch. 

sugarorange6

Refer your **Account/plan renewal can be delayed up to 6 or more hours on occasion. If you depend on autopay and your payment history does not show an automatic top up by 3 am it is likely that an autopay failure is looming. A manual payment can be attempted at this time if any loss of service is an unacceptable inconvenience. Generally if you still have service just let it be....."

Thank you your tips would be very useful for auto pay instead advance manual pay.

Special people may need communicate during mid night on  the day of renewal.

Overall I still happy Public Mobile service, good service, low price, and a lot of help from good people from the forum community.

@sugarorange6 

Here is the basic timeline of your renewal.

1. At about 9pm eastern your plan will show as expired in your account.
  2. At midnight easternyour plan will renew and any minute, text and/or data counters reset.
  3. Shortly after midnight any rewards are applied to your available funds.
  4. At 2am eastern any available funds will be applied towards your plan amount.
  5. After available funds are applied any remaining amount owing will be applied to to your card registered for autopay. 
  6. If autopay fails for any reason a manual top up or voucher payment can be made before 6 am eastern to avoid account suspension or account deactivation/cancellation if its the 90th day since plan expiry/account suspension.
  7. At 6am eastern accounts in good standing will display active.
  8. At noon eastern pm sends out the first text that rewards have been successfully applied followed by a second text than your plan has successfully renewed. If you don't recieve tye second text and/or you don't have service you know for sure autopay has failed.

**Account/plan renewal can be delayed up to 6 or more hours on occasion. If you depend on autopay and your payment history does not show an automatic top up by 3 am it is likely that an autopay failure is looming. A manual payment can be attempted at this time if any loss of service is an unacceptable inconvenience. Generally if you still have service just let it be.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

If this was an Autopay failure,

also ensure all rewards were provided to you.
AutoPay Reward
How Does It Work?
Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days.

and also give your code to your friend to getting a Refer A Friend Reward
How Does It Work?
It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your unique referral code in the referral code box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10.

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The Self Serve  account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your  Self Serve account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2.  (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  3. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  4. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  5. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  6. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  7. Reboot your phone.
  8. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

and also  i suggest you can Remove your credit card and re entered.

Update Or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to  Self-Serve.  Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Good Luck

sugarorange6

I think I have the same problem:

"My plan with auto pay" suppose  renew on July 1, when  July 1  on  00.01 am my plan shown expiry and do not immediately auto renew, screen shown 0 min 0MB data , and I cannot call out.

I think until some time before morning the auto pay went through;  I saw the new min new MB.

I think there is the gap during mid night and the morning without minutes and data, until early morning.

I am not sure, just hope the information may be useful.

Thank you.

gdr

The automatic pay credit wasn't ignored and there is no overcharge. If you tell it to pay in full, it does, even if you have credits. If you tell it a specific amount, it also does that instead. You likely have a bill credit sitting on your account right now for next time. Typically when there is an error of this nature where the account doesn't refresh after payment, a $1 top up is preferred rather than a deliberate double pay (it showed that it was taken in your account, but you opted to pay in full a second time for some reason. That isn't an overcharge, that was you telling it to do that.) On your next payment, it will use that balance and give you your auto-pay discount and still have some remaning for the following pay.

After the unsuccessful autopay, it was showing 0 balance on my account and the amount due was $25. To make it work, I had no other option but to pay in full. If you look at the PM statement closely, you will see that the current balance, after manual top up, is still 0 so my manual top up just bridged the gap and the auto pay sum vanished into nowhere. I doubt that without them manually fixing the issue the credit will ever show back on my account.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gdr wrote:

Hello,
my autopay payment was ignored by Public mobile today. It appears in my payment history of Public mobile and my bank provider (both screenshots attached), but it was not recognized bu the cell network and I could not make any call today until I toped up the account manually (payment also shown on the screenshots). Still, the autopay was charged and never re-appeared on my Public mobile credit. Also, my credit card statement shows the charge of $28 instead of $25,76, the amount that gets charged when on autopay for my plan.

I need advice how to contact the moderator team to resolve the issue and get $28 back to my account. Thanks.

public mobile 2.JPGpublic mobile.JPG

The automatic pay credit wasn't ignored and there is no overcharge. If you tell it to pay in full, it does, even if you have credits. If you tell it a specific amount, it also does that instead. You likely have a bill credit sitting on your account right now for next time. Typically when there is an error of this nature where the account doesn't refresh after payment, a $1 top up is preferred rather than a deliberate double pay (it showed that it was taken in your account, but you opted to pay in full a second time for some reason. That isn't an overcharge, that was you telling it to do that.) On your next payment, it will use that balance and give you your auto-pay discount and still have some remaning for the following pay.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

A few people had this issue today.. picture below how to reach moderators.

Simon.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.