cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay Bonus Data

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If I switch to the $15 plan that gives a 250mb bonus for data and I cancel autopay the bonus will be removed I understand. But I am wondering if I reinstate the autopay after a month, or two, or even three months later will the auto-pay bonus return or is it only a 1 chance deal?

10 REPLIES 10

LaOmbra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@slash407 wrote:

it will be back when ur back on auto pay. Auto pay seem's like a popular thing, bell's lucky mobile also has perks with it. CC coming in hardy

Do you even read the whole thread before responding???? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Autopay-Bonus-Data/m-p/348094/highlight...

Perhaps we should be treating your posts like The Donald's tweets: wrong unless proved right?

u will be more helpful by learning what you do not know. Cat Wink

@slash407 wrote:

it will be back when ur back on auto pay. Auto pay seem's like a popular thing, bell's lucky mobile also has perks with it. CC coming in hardy

With all due respect, @slash407 ... Do you have first hand experience with the particular scenario in the original post or is your statement just one more of your random guesses. Based on your posting history it could easily be in the category "information that is either irrelevant to the topic at hand or that long term community members know to be misleading or outright wrong".

@RobertQc wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

Likely depends on the coding.

I can see that the $10 off >=$30 plan for 6months could work as outlined in @RobertQc 's quoted mod reply, since you would essentially stop the 6 month cycle started when you created the account.

But a plan feature that is triggered by "auto pay on" and is available to new and existing customers? I assume that that check is happening on renewal night, the same way the auto pay reward is added.

But what do I know...

@wetcoaster  Which is why I tried to continue my conversation asking about more detail how it worked but I could never get a real solid answer on that (Actually, they never even replied). I wish I could see the back end programming. Lol like that would ever happen 😉

With all the weird stuff going on in self serve, I'm not sure if one would actually want to see the back end programming... I imagine it like a hundred year old house that never had the wiring re-done but just added some pieces there, a dead end off that active breaker, a not-up-to-code loop over there... (I only have rudimentary, amateur skills in coding and electrical wiring, but in my line of work there are plenty of times when starting a project from scratch makes way more sense than just adding another fragment to the endless patch work that's already there...)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

I can see that the $10 off >=$30 plan for 6months could work as outlined in @RobertQc 's quoted mod reply, since you would essentially stop the 6 month cycle started when you created the account.

But a plan feature that is triggered by "auto pay on" and is available to new and existing customers? I assume that that check is happening on renewal night, the same way the auto pay reward is added.

But what do I know...

Sure yeah. I'm with ya on that $10 deal. But that was an added credit.

I can see losing the (eg. 250mb) bonus if and when the plan is no longer offered and you stop autopay and then restart and it says "nuh uh now you're stuck with just the basics of the plan there buddy". But if the same plan is still available and autopay is turned off for some reason then it would seem to me that the bonus should come back on. Maybe not until the next renewal sure but still.

@wetcoaster wrote:

But what do I know...

@wetcoaster  Which is why I tried to continue my conversation asking about more detail how it worked but I could never get a real solid answer on that (Actually, they never even replied). I wish I could see the back end programming. Lol like that would ever happen 😉

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

But what do I know...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I'd almost being willing to bet that after re-enabling autopay, that the data bonus would return. If not, I could not see how Public Mobile could advertise a plan as including a bonus when the conditions are followed.  Plus, what's to prevent from just changing plans again to get that autopay bonus back again?  It just wouldn't make any sense. 

I would personally like to lean towards what @computergeek541 is saying even though I was told officially by the moderator team you will not get it back. But there are many cases where the mods say it will or wont happen, yet the opposite happens in self serve. Maybe in the future that special offer will no longer be there but like CG is saying, if it is still available to select then you could just re-select the plan.

Because its currently a "special offer" its extremely likely that it will not be available to select forever, or if it is it will be set as a permanent plan but remove the *special offer* tag... IDK. It's really all speculation till we find out. But I asked other questions for clarification 3 weeks ago yet the moderator team never responded to my 2nd set of questions regarding the bonus data.

I was scrinching my nose and thinking "wellll I dunno..." 🙂 I'm with computergeek541 too.

And yes the moderators will quote any possible policy or wing it. But we all know that many bits of text and statements and policies around here don't match reality.

I guess somebody just needs to test it out 🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:

I'd almost being willing to bet that after re-enabling autopay, that the data bonus would return. If not, I could not see how Public Mobile could advertise a plan as including a bonus when the conditions are followed.  Plus, what's to prevent from just changing plans again to get that autopay bonus back again?  It just wouldn't make any sense. 

I would personally like to lean towards what @computergeek541 is saying even though I was told officially by the moderator team you will not get it back. But there are many cases where the mods say it will or wont happen, yet the opposite happens in self serve. Maybe in the future that special offer will no longer be there but like CG is saying, if it is still available to select then you could just re-select the plan.

Because its currently a "special offer" its extremely likely that it will not be available to select forever, or if it is it will be set as a permanent plan but remove the *special offer* tag... IDK. It's really all speculation till we find out. But I asked other questions for clarification 3 weeks ago yet the moderator team never responded to my 2nd set of questions regarding the bonus data.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkgirl 

@Andrei_DA wrote:

The auto-pay needs to be active in order for you to get the 500MB so in case that auto-pay fails to renew your plan it is a different matter - we will need to investigate why the payment would have not went thru, but the auto-pay feature would still be there, hence you will still get the 500MB.

You will be having the bonus data for as long as you keep auto-pay enabled, but once disabled you will lose the 500MB and they will not be re-instated when auto-pay is turned back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.