cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay For Over Usage of Data/Phone Time

robertll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a way to setup your account to auto-pay for over usage of data or phone time that anyone is aware of. I know with another company you would just be charged 10 cents per meg for over usage. I want to avoid being shut out of the data.

I may go over the 250 and do not want to be shut down. Not happened yet.

I know they have the add data...but it would be better to have this done automatically.

7 REPLIES 7

@JK8 wrote:

@robertll 

There is nothing at PM that is automatic like that. Only option is to buy the data add and more minutes, which will be used when your plan data or minutes are used up. The add ons will stay on your account until consumed.

Actually I think the way PM works is almost exactly like that when you consider that PM is prepaid not post paid. And since add-ones purchased to cover data or talk overages doesn’t expire there really isn’t anything to lose. You just have to purchase the ability to “go over” ahead of time.

AE_Collector

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@robertll wrote:

Is there a way to setup your account to auto-pay for over usage of data or phone time that anyone is aware of. I know with another company you would just be charged 10 cents per meg for over usage. I want to avoid being shut out of the data.

I may go over the 250 and do not want to be shut down. Not happened yet.

I know they have the add data...but it would be better to have this done automatically.

@robertll 

I know it can be inconvenient to see your data usage only on your Self Serve.

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track.

Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Only way to get more data/minutes is to buy add-ons when you exhaust your allowance as per plan.

No automatic extension of data/minutes at PM. When you have used all your allotted minutes/data service will just stop with no extra charges applied. SMS will continue to work...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robertll : This is the beauty of the add-ons here unlike almost every other provider. Think of them as that overage you're looking for. You use all your plan data. It will then use add-on data until your plan renews. Then it will return to using your plan data. You use all of it again and it flips to the add-on data again. etc

It's buy once and consume over time.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM does not have overages.  Once you reach your limit for minutes or data then your service would stop.  You could purchase add-ons that would remain in your account until they are used up.  They would be used once your regular plan minutes and data have been consumed

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@robertll 

There is nothing at PM that is automatic like that. Only option is to buy the data add and more minutes, which will be used when your plan data or minutes are used up. The add ons will stay on your account until consumed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robertll 

at public mobile Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

and they service plan 30 day, not monthly,

and when your data is end is will be stop data untill next cycle will be renewal your data,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

Need Help? Let's chat.