cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the simcards compatible with iPhone SE’s?

Jennaf18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought one, and it said online it would be compatible but I tried it today, and it says that the phone needs to either be unlocked or that it’s not compatible. But the phone is unlocked. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try updating the settings or resetting the phone to factory defaults?

@Jennaf18 where was the iPhone SE originally purchased? If it was purchased from one of the carriers, it'll more than likely be locked to it. You mentioned, PC Mobile... those phones run on Bell & Telus shared networks... so unless it's locked exclusively to Bell, it should work, as Telus phones work fine with Public Mobile.

Jennaf18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sister tried the SIM card in her phone and it works. I was with pc mobile before I decided to switch. And, that sim card works in my phone. But it just keeps saying it’s either not comparable or to get the phone unlocked.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jennaf18

When Your iPhone SE says it needs to be unlocked, it is unlocked.

You can call the provider who supply your phone to get it unlocks.

You can also call Apple store to get it unlocked if you don't who supplied that iPhone.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, 

Did you purchase this phone from another person? Have you tried another sim card from a different carrier? If you did, have you checked to make sure it wasn't listed as stolen/lost? you can check on the website  https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/   .  It sounds if it wasn't reported lost or stolen that the phone actually is still locked and not completely unlocked to use with different networks.  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

iPhone SE's are fine  - half of my family uses them.

How do you know it is unlock? Where and when did you get it?

Does your phone work with another SIM from another providor?

Also are you sure your PM sim is activated. Can you try using you PM SIM in another phone?

You need to do some troubleshooting

Need Help? Let's chat.