cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PM advertising inaccuracies purposely calculated? (STILL offers $2 on Auto Pay.)

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are PM advertising inaccuracies purposely calculated?

PM web programmers are obviously capable having made numerous updates and corrections to the PM web pages.  However, to this date they have not corrected the misleading plan benefits such as a $2 and 250 MB bonus if auto pay is chosen.  Over the past few months, I for one have reported these mistakes several times and other then apologies nothing has been done. I am not losing sleep over this but it is clear to me that I have been misled to switching to the new point system. And again, other than the apologies that acknowledges PM misleading plan features they further apologise that they are unable to reverse my plans back to the rewards system.

I have never before encountered a seller that has made an acknowledged advertising or price mistake and more or less told me  – that’s just too bad.

IN ADDITION:

(1)

Perhaps a reasonable course of action could be if all Oracles could jointly submit this complaint directly to PM.

Also isn’t there a cooling off period law? Accounts switched from the rewards to the point system should be able to switch back within a reasonable time frame. 

(2) 

What are the government regulatory bodies doing other than studies and wasting tax payers money?  Gas prices are soaring despite that the oil companies are making record profits. Food prices are continuously increasing despite record breaking food industry profits ( Loblaws shows 40% profit increases). @dust2dust

(3). 

By “free marketplace”, I simply mean that which matches the law. If the majority of persons want more or less freedoms , they will have to ask their government to pass laws to that effect.

(4) Ohhh wait a minute --what are we discussing here? -> isn't this a community forum setup to help others solve their mobile plan problems?

67 REPLIES 67

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

But I question your response for a resolution? Are you not kicking yourself by asking for a refund? Assuming that you referred yourself so you will receive 2×$25 bonus referral credit=$50(+$10?). Which if you were able to cancel and get a refund for a maximum $25? You will have used up your referral bonus opportunity. Whereas if based on the previous negotiated settlement of a $24 credit you would essentially achieve the same monetary settlement with an account and the double referral credit?

Edit:

Speaking of that.....did you get the regular $10?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Your next response should be along the lines of...

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please escalate my issue to the escalations department and have them contact me in regards to my issue. 

They have already paid out on this in early February and have made no effort to fix it.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

HI Beer

Yes, one thing PM has not been doing good job is that they never pay too much attentions in their communications.  Lots of error here and there. 

Yes, with what you see after you activated (about the $2), they should do something to compensate.

BEER

BEER

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Why do you let a dominant player in the mobile industry (telus) that makes billions off Canadian consumers because of that market dominance by impeding competition and holding us hostage with higher rates off the hook? You can't complain on one hand and submit to your master on the other?

We have laws in Canada to prevent businesses from making false and misleading claims in their marketing and advertising practices punishable with penalties up to $10,000,000 and up to 14 years of incarceration. It's not like telus/public mobile is a new player in this industry. If they are going to justify a 30% rate hike to the $10 50/50 plan with the line of B.S. that they have given us then they should spend the money to fix the service and clean up all of the false and misleading wording they have all over this site. 

I have always said there was give and take with public mobile in order to keep our plan prices cheap. But they have taken this away from us....by doing so I no longer am willing to give them a break on not making the effort to clean up the falsehoods. You are a perfect example of how telecoms take advantage of their customers to turn double digit profits year over year. And you willingly lie down and take it. So why do you continue to start threads questioning their practices and then turn around and concede that you accept them doing so?

Plan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is a brand new plan.

The new rewards has been since January and it has been 4 full months since, PM should have updated the webpage and all the communications by now.  Let's hope they will do so soon

BEER

BEER

BEER

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@BEER @Plan Fight it. That is false advertising. That is fraud. That's a crime. If they can't be bothered to update their system then they have to be bothered with the consequences of their actions.

BEER

HI @BEER   So, I was right the $2 is not a monthly thing?  And in fact, they are not even giving you a one time $2 discount for the confusion ?

BEER

That's not "a little clarification". That's a complete reversal/retraction/correction.

You know what would be nice?...

Upon further examination I appear to have misspoken. I apologize for any confusion.

I don't imagine there's any intentional trickery going on. It's just that this company and its messaging and communication is appallingly bad. ie. incompetent. But as long as calls and texts and cell internet keep working...

BEER

BEER

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Had you stuck with the $13 plan you would be recieving....

"Sometimes price increases are necessary to ensure we can continue to deliver the best service and coverage"

But you changed plans so that's why you received that response. If I end up paying the extra $3 I will report back on the....

"This includes keeping all our call centers open, 24/7 technical support, and keeping our stores and dealer locations open.......to ensure all our customers have fast data speeds, the best reception, and access to all of our premium services, including new prepaid plans with data, and customer support."

Its that last bit that you seem to be missing?😆😅😂

HI @BEER   I am not 100% sure.

It said you will receive them previous  to your next payment 

Them can be the two dollars

Next payment is a one time thing.    Maybe you can reply and ask them to clarify.  Or wait for 2 months and come back and let us know  🙂

BEER

lol And Jorge's been around for a while too. So there it is. You should be getting the $2 reward. If you don't see it on your next renewal then you have this as proof.

And also that the $10 should be added to new referred accounts during this promo counter to what j_pm claimed.

Depending on your actual wording of your questions to them.

HI @BEER 

So, the $2 is a one time saving for Enabling Autopay?

PM is smart to avoid all the complains to CCTS

BEER

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust @BEER 

This is also a problem for new activations when your completed activation details list the following:

PXL_20220522_224856810~3.jpg

@darliciousLove it! Go to war Beer! Principle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

To be clear it would be a complaint to the Competition Bureau of Canada after dealing with the CCTS. They would examine it under their legislation dealing with false and misleading advertising.

Whether or not the OP decides to put the work in to pursue an outcome satisfactory to them is another story. Willingly switching plans and rewards programs after voicing their dissatisfaction is telling.

False or misleading representationssection 52 and paragraph 74.01(1)(a)It is against the law to make materially false or misleading representations to promote a product, service or business interest. A representation is “material” if the general impression it conveys leads someone to take a particular course of action, like buying or using a product or service. A “representation” refers to any marketing material, including online and in-store advertisements, direct mail, social media messages, promotional emails, and endorsements, among other things.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER   I doubt they will honour it.  

Of course, no harm to open a ticket.  It is possible they will give you some kind of compensation, but won't be a $2 ongoing saving.  LoL

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Escalate the issue. Negotiate a settlement or file a complaint with the CCTS. A previous negotiated settlement was a one time $24 credit.

BEER

Need Help? Let's chat.