cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple advised that my nee iPhone 15 Pro Max will be shipped October 31

Mhon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, Neighbors.

when the new iPhone 15 Pro Max arrives at my door from Apple.... do you  recommend that i first finish setup and transfer of iCloud back to the new phone before inserting the Nano Sim from the iPhone X or insert the nanoSim to the new phone first before starting setup?

also, in order to start using the new iPhone 15 with the PUBLIC MOBILE network - is it just a matter of literally transferring the NanoSim to the new phone from the old?

or

do i have to connect Public Mobile first so that their network will accept that my account is now with a different phone?

or

does Public Mobile send me a different NanoSim?

Please and Thank you in advance 

Keep Safe and God Bless! 🙏 

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mhon 

- First you start off with backing up everything on your iPhone X to iCloud. 

- Once it is completed, power on the iPhone 15 and login into your Apple account.

- Bring the iPhone X and scan the code with the iPhone 15 and transfer everything over.

- Finally, power off both phones when transfer is completed and swap the SIM to the iPhone 15…and you are done.

i am assuming that it is the Canadian version of the iPhone 15. The American version only have eSIM.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mhon 

When I got my new iPhone on launch and restored my backup from iCloud I inserted the SIM card after the restore completed and I recommend that you do the same. Reason being is while your phone is restoring during the initial setup you won’t be able to use it. So if you’d like to still be able to receive calls and texts while your restoring I’d recommend leaving the SIM in your old phone until the process is complete. 

Then once that process is done it’s as easy as popping your nano sim from your old phone into your new phone and then you’re done! 

Enjoy the new phone! 🙂 

Interesting @Mhon 

Yes, some providers 'register' the device to their accounts in such a way as to avoid unauthorized SIM use.   This is likely only for post-paid services.

Pre-paid is pretty well the wild-west of services.   You can swap devices all you want and simply switch the SIM card back and forth (SIM card size slot differences and e-SIM would be the only limitations requiring work-arounds...)

Mhon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Additional info: the background as to why I raised this question is that from when I was with another carrier (the RED GIANT 😂 😆 😝 ) I simply physically transferred my then MICRO SIM from old phone to new phone and then the new phone has no service so when I called "ROD" 😂 😆 😝 i was told that the reason the new phone has no service is that their network has associated my account with an iPhone 6 and when it detected an iPhone X, the system apparently rejected the connection thinking the MICRO SIM was being used in an unauthorized manner. So the tech had to manually make changes to my account AND ONLY AFTER THAT did the iPhone X worked.

it is so nice to know that it is now more convenient with Public Mobile.

Thank you! 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You've got it @Mhon 

Take SIM card out of prior device, insert in new device.

Complete setup.

That's it!!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mhon 

beauty for physical sim is that you can just move sim from phone to phone without doing anything with carrier.  So, no need to contact PM.  Just move your nano sim to your new iPhone and start the iPhone setup process

(and no, Pm won't send you another sim because you got a new phone 🙂 )

Need Help? Let's chat.