cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone's MMS not sending??

PHenry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just noticed this now, tried various messaging apps, rebooted phone, won't work. Regular texts send fine, MMS spits out an error to try again.

12 REPLIES 12

rsd2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been fixed. No need to reply

rsd2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i have the same problem and same phone model. May i know the settings that worked? Thanks!

PHenry

Found solution - my phone is Xiaomi Android and apparently only certain settings work, someone else posted a thread here and I used those settings and it worked! Not sure why the usual settings suddenly stopped working though.

PHenry

Sorry this didn't work!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @PHenry think I can fix this for you.

Go into your settings, then network settings, turn off automatic and choose Public Mobile. Reboot phone, try sending. Or have someone send something to you. Let me know if this works.

PHenry

Tried this thanks, no luck however...still doesn't work, but again 5G/4G data is working just fine. Should this even ever happen?

@PHenry wrote:

The mobile data itself is working fine so I doubt it has anything to do with the network settings.

@PHenry 

to me, I don't see the value of MMS.  Why dont just use whatsapp or FB message if you need to send image or video?

@PHenry 

some people need to adjust the APN settings again, some need to enter it as new.  Test again

but how old or how new your phone? maybe it is really old and the system cannot take it any longer

PHenry

The mobile data itself is working fine so I doubt it has anything to do with the network settings.

Try resetting network connections after rebooting your device, @PHenry 

PHenry

Yes mobile data is on...and it's worked on this phone all along so not sure what would've changed. I know there was a settings change they wanted everyone to make a few weeks ago but I already did that.

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@PHenry 

did you turn on mobile data for MMS?

and how old your phone? some older phone cannot use MMS due to system requirement.  But also try Reset All Networks to update the MMS server name, might help

Need Help? Let's chat.