cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have a horrible time accessing public mobile with your mobile device?

Rhuard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure if it is just me or public mobile end. Am I missing something? Is there a mobile version of the public mobile website?

8 REPLIES 8

You're correct, @Rhuard 

However, Public Mobile is a third-tier provider of mobile services under the parent company, TELUS mobility.  (much like Bell & Rogers has Lucky and Chat'r)

They exist only because of a niche required of major mobility providers to provide low-cost, no frills services.

Heck, even their prior advertising doesn't hide behind that fact, see a pic below:

HALIMACS_0-1643468122190.png

Rhuard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Accessing it is fine but the website is not set up for mobile and this is an issue especially when mobile friendly sites been around for very many years now.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rhuard  I have an iphone,  I access PM website no problem, I created home screen icon, but I agree, desktop much better.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rhuard 

You can login to your Self Serve account on your phone. 

Before the recent PM Community format change, you can login to your Self Serve account by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right corner. Now you won’t have this option. 

@Meow wrote:

Desktop version is your best friend. If nothing else, screen is way bigger...

LOL @Meow 

Don't tell that to @Jb456 .    It was mobile all the time for them.    I could never understand it, but I admittedly use both and see little difference (except the continued stupid inability to quote/attach the response on mobile!!!)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Desktop version is your best friend. If nothing else, screen is way bigger...

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rhuard 

Website issues happen from time to time although with this new layout, the issues have been way less. I would always make sure payment and auto pay information are accurate just in case you lose access before your bill is deducted.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, My Account is still not mobile friend. 

I think the plan for PM is make it more Mobile friendly.  They have updated Community site as well as the new My Rewards site to be Mobile browser friendly.  Hopefully a new My Account will be coming soon

Need Help? Let's chat.