cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody can be help, since PM service team did not

edmonton780
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, everyone, I make this post to see if anybody can have an idea for help

I ever have a PM basic plan for my son uses in his high school, but since he went out of province for university last Sempeter, this number has never been used anymore, the SIM card has been discarded. We found this plan still keeps on active from my credit card last December and communicate with the service team from then. but it's more than a month, they still have not cancelled the plan.

First, they ask me 5 questions, I can answer the credit card number, phone number, last payment, and attached my TD credit bill to the PM team, but forget the account number and the email address. back and forth again and again, finally they told us that we can to a local store with a driver's licence to cancel the plan. But the local store said their computer system doesn't even have the menu to make the cancellation. we are pushed back to the online service team.

When we back to the online, they change person to serve me( if what they did can be named SERVICE), they just repeatedly ask me that question, answer questions or log in to cancel the autopay. But I don't need to talk with your team if I can log in, during this fighting( they called service) process, my credit card still makes the payment.

I asked them again and again, I have TD bill, know the phone number, but can't remember other registered info( never make change for a couple of years, just autopay monthly for high school student use), now, how to make the cancellation? the team(changed person a couple of times) didn't give me a clear answer on how to make a cancellation or how to prove that I am the owner according to this situation. They just post me the PM company rules and declare that is to protect me. 

I told them will complain to the government department or BBB or CCts, but not yet. If they still do not let me know how to make a cancellation and just post" company rules", I think I have to file a complaint or post my experience on social media. we literally don't want to fight or make any trouble, but now they SERVE us for more than a month, but still keep on SERVING me this way instead of settling the issue. 

Does anybody have a new proposal on how to cancel this plan? Thanks.

32 REPLIES 32

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bigjayson 

Just contact your CC company and reverse the charges. This will cancel your account and also will be Blacklist from PM in the future.

Bigjayson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree

Bigjayson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe you can change the CC info to an old prepaid card. Just try to update and delete the current one. hope this  helps, if not i'm sorry.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The lesson and advise is -- write down all details before committing to automatic payments  for anything.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@edmonton780 

The first post of your thread and the last post above by @softech tell you how to cancel the service. I have offered you guidance on how to find and supply enough verifiers to gain account access if that is your ultimate goal. I wish you luck in your endeavours I dont think the community can offer you any more advice than it already has?🤔

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@edmonton780  this is how you can easily cancel the account without going to any store:

check your credit card when was the last time PM charged you money.  Then add 30 days to it and you will know when will the next renewal day be.  A day or two before that day, either call the credit card or do it online , suspend the credit card temporary.  Some credit card you can do it online easily, some you have to call

Once the day is passed you can unsuspend the card.  PM won't try to get your payment again after a failed attempt. 

edmonton780

I told them all my situation, my son is the user in his high school. but the account is under my name.

They told me go to local store, and they ever told me to use the store locator. No and agent said only specific store can do cancalletion, even I asked them if there any designated store can do the cancellation. But no any agent answer this question, they only told” go to local store with your ID” last week and this week again the same word ”go to local store” even after I told them local stores said their computer system don’t’ even have the menu to make the cancellation. They insist the same wore” go to local store with your ID to cancel the plaln” Anybody think that’s good service?

Some of the guys might think same way with CSA, means customer have to relay on the 3rd party to realize a PM plan cancellation, it’s awkward.

@Dunkman wrote:

When you first activate your account, PM will often send a text with your PIN number and sometimes send a welcome email

This might be a practice in early years but I never received my PIN through SMS, not even when I had to ask to change it and no email with account details.

As for PIN change I just got SMS something like 'your PIN has been changed, keep it at safe place, etc.'.

PM agents are real Humans.

Sending them private message will resolve any issue customer have in regards to PM account.

I did contact them numerous times and every single interaction did result in resolution. Of course somebody can have different experience but that does not mean they are lazy or provide bad support.

@edmonton780 

first, they are real people.  But like all customer service, they have their templates to answer the similar questions they got daily.  This is to confirm their replies are in line across different agent.

I am curious, you said they ask 5 questions and you missed some... what are the questions they missed? Just curious how hard those questions are

Also, if they ask you to go to a store to cancel (i find that interesting too), did you ask them to suggest to a particular store in your area and have them to confirm with that store that they can handle the task ahead?

Lastly, cancelling with PM service in fact is VERY EASY.. as long as PM cannot get the money, your account will be suspended and 90 days later, your account will be closed.  

So, how easy is that?  check your credit card when was the last time PM charged you money.  Then add 30 days to it and you will know when will the next renewal day be.  A day or two before that day, either call the credit card or do it online , suspend the credit card temporary.  Some credit card you can do it online easily, some you have to call

Once the day is passed you can unsuspend the card.  PM won't try to get your payment again after a failed attempt. So, case closed and you will be happy

Also, don't you find that you and your adult son do share some responsibility in failing to keep track of this.   Why would someone toss a SIM away without cancelling it.  How many email address one has to create a self-serve account?   🙂

@edmonton780 

Although I have already responded in your other thread you are not supplying any new and account unique info for the CSA agents to help verify you. Right now you are not a legitimate enough with the info you are supplying to change their minds.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@edmonton780 

Sorry to hear that you are continuing to have issues.  Customer service agents are real employees/people, but they follow by their ruleboosk. Privacy and protecting customer's account is important, but critical thinking and problem solving is also important in the job.  

A few ways to get the critical information needed to confirm your identity.  When you first activate your account, PM will often send a text with your PIN number and sometimes send a welcome email, with the account number in the address to: section of email.  

One of the oracles have flagged your situation to the community manager on the oracle side of the forum. Nothing likely will be done over the weekend from the manager.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@edmonton780 

I agree that customer support has failed in helping you gain access to your account. But for account security they won't push you in the right direction as that is how fraudsters gain access traditionally and with pm's online service model this is the one area that customer support is consistent with is the requirements you need to meet to verify the account.

It's up to you to prove to them that you can identify certain pieces of info that only the account holder would know if you are missing the basic identifiers. You resisting and insisting on only supplying the info you do have on hand that is pretty easily attained by someone intent on nefarious activities does not satisfy the requirements needed.

I have given you other means of verifying if you do some work on your part to even answer my questions to point you in the right direction of where you can find the info you can supply to verify the account if you stop focusing on the questions you cant answer and focus on the ones you likely can answer but havent been asked yet because you are not working with pm but against them.

My offer still stands if you want to try.....

edmonton780

we fight with PM service agents via private message for about 6 weeks so far. 

We try to cancel a plan but forget registered detail info. they don't like to verify that I am the owner via like TD credit bills, my driver licence, or other legal ID, no, what they did is just push us to the local store last week, but local stores said their computer systems don't even have a menu to cancel a plan. if their service agents are real people, they should know that the store can't cancel a plan. 

They changed 6 or 7 service agents to SERVE us make the cancellation, but not EVEN one of them try to help us, but just copy and paste the same answer, This morning the 7th or 8th service agents contact with me, give me the same answer" go to a local store with your ID to cancel a plan"

In summary, their answers are all similar, looks they just copy and paste.

1. verify PM list questions. otherwise no service( I told them we can't answer all questions, but we can provide TD bills and driver licence or other government-issued ID to verify, but they don't care).

2. log in to your account to cancel the autopsy. (even they know that we can't log in)

3. Kick a customer to the store with ID for cancellation.( Store said they don't have a menu to cancel a plan, could it be that all service agents don't know this fact, or they can show me a specific store that can cancel a plan)

4. Push a customer to a 3rd party, like TD bank to block the payment.

ALL agents copy and paste the same answer above, include the supervisor. that's why we doublt is their a real person or just some AI works as service agents.

edmonton780

The supervisor gives me a solution, Call TD bank to hold the payment to PM. the supervisor didn't try any possible to identify that I am the owner, I have bills, I have my credit card with me, I have mydriver's licence with me. NO, the supervisor DID NOT try any endeavour to prove that I am the owner. As long as a customer can not fulfill their questions list, they just push you to a 3rd party, where is PM service? I didn't see ANY, even from their supervisor.

From this month fighting with PM, we didn't feel any service from the  WHOLE service team( I have all private message screenshots), I didn't mean one or two of the service agents not qualify as an anomaly, but the WHOLE team that ever contact with me via private messages, include the so-called supervisor,  maybe 7 or 8 of them so far. no competency, and not been properly trained.

In summary, their answers are all similar, looks they just copy and paste.

1. verify PM list questions. otherwise no service.

2. log in to your account to cancel the autopsy. (even they know that we can't log in)

3. Kick a customer to the store with ID for cancellation.( Store said they don't have a menu to cancel a plan, could it be that all service agents don't know this fact, or they can show me a specific store that can cancel a plan)

4. Push a customer to a 3rd party, like TD bank to block the payment.

They can do everything to protect themselves, but not protect customers. 

How to prove that I am the owner, NOBODY answer this question, including the supervisor.  Why not help to verify us with driver's licence, we can provide all TD bills with my legal name on it, my legal name on the TD bill is the same as my driver's licence. But unfortunately, nobody likes to verify, the supervisor only pushes us to a 3rd party, not sure if it works. just like they push us to the local store last week.

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

Did you read what the OP wrote?

Yes I did. Twice. To my understanding, he wanted to cancel son's account. And I said what is the easiest, trouble free way to cancel PM account. Little search through Community would get him similar or same answer 'how to cancel PM account'.

I understand he has issues with the agents but nothing we can do about. I never had any issues with PM agents while some people do have.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Did you read what the OP wrote?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you wanted to cancel your son's PM plan, simplest way would be to remove autopay and then delete credit card from his account.

That way renewal will fail, account will be temporary suspended and after 90 days it will be completely cancelled - deleted.

Not having live support (people to talk to on the phone) could be frustrating but there is always a way to accomplish things.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@edmonton780 

No problem. It can be a major issue being bounced from one CSA to the next and them not fully understanding your issue and asking the stock questions over and over again. With a little detective work we can get you there in the end.

edmonton780

Thanks for your help. We were really annoyed for this 6 weeks fighting, our patience were richly killed by their SERVICE team, Once they change a new service agent, we tried to trust them, but all expectation been blown away so far.

Yes, I asked them that I need to talk with a manager, we'll see what's manager will do and share with the community.

Thanks again

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@edmonton780 

Look at the list I sent you. Do not give me the answers just identify which ones you can answer. I helped another user in your exact situation access the account. Answer privately just so possible fraudsters don't learn anymore info than they already know about gaining access. I will identify where you may be missing something the CSA will ask. You may also need to ask for a senior member of the customer support team to take over your ticket. If you identify the CSA I can tell you their experience level.

edmonton780

Here is the new agent’s answer after we were pushed back to online service from the local store.

“Please note that if you are not able to verify your account is not possible for us to complete your account cancelation request, please note that you are able to access your online account and remove your credit card/debit on file to stop future payments and after 90 days account will be automatically canceled. If you don't have an online account you can create ith the following link: https://bit.ly/2R4wkDp

He just ask me to verify with their question or log in. I told them we can’t answer all questions and can’t log in now, but agents just repeat like a parrot. Why not use your loaf and help your customer. I asked them how to verify or prove that I am the owner when I can’t answer all your questions? I have TD bill, I have driver licence…. But nobody cares about my question, they just copy and paste “answer questions, login, go to the local store.” Neigher works.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@edmonton780 

We are all customers not employees. But the easiest solution is as I posted earlier putting a hold on your payment card on renewal night so that the payment fails and the account suspends. It will then be automatically cancelled 90 days later.

Gaining account access is possible but takes a little more work and info that you can provide with some research on your part as per the info I provided in my private message. If you confirm what you can provide on that list I can tell you if you will be successful or not or what you can also provide for you to be successful. Most importantly are the payment card details of which the CSA has not actually asked you the most important ones.

edmonton780

Thanks to your guys for generous help with your ingenuity, these community members are so enthusiastic. This problem had been settled if EVEN ONE of the customer agents can help customers as you guys did.

My current story is 

1. forget the PIN, this account has not been touched for years, just autopay for high school students. SIM cards has been discarded after my son went to BC for his university. So we can't log in to our account, can't create account at this time. 
  2. We contact an agent with the private message since around Christmas, PM has changed maybe 4 or 5 agents who all declared to assist us and glad to serve us. but all of them the same, they ask me 5 questions, and I can only provide legal name,  phone number, payment date/amount(forget email address, account number and PIN), and we attached them a TD credit card bill with PM charge list on it. There's no phone number but there’s a serial number on the TD bill, I guess this number maybe linked or associated with my phone number/plan, but nobody care.

ALL agents just repeat asked 5 questions, and their answers are similar": we won't help if you can't answer questions that we asked". I asked them, my question is " how to cancel the plan when a customer can't fulfill your questions requirement?"   ALL AGENTS either neglected or reflect this question, and just repeatedly asked 5 questions, or told me to log in, or told me to the local store with driver licence to make a cancellation. But the local store said their system doesn't have the menu to cancel a plan. After we were kicked back to online service yesterday, a new agent began to SERVE us, and ask 5 questions, told me to log in and cancel the autopay. No difference, even they know my situation.

3. we will try to contact TD bank to change my credit number, albeit not sure if it works. Even it works, I literally don't think PM provides a competent service. Because your customer has to call a 3rd party to get a cancellation, but PM did nothing.

4.I see 3 people(maybe agents) replied that they send me a private messages, they are" VIP-Tech, BKNS27 and darlicious". after I check the message to see what solution they deliver, I will update here to let all community members get some lesson or experience, in case anybody stuck in similar issue with me, he/she knows the solution and doesn't have to replay this battle for more than a month as we suffered.

Thanks again, your guys are great

bill_b

I just noticed that  @darlicious mentioned the something similiar

bill_b

I don't think changing credit card would help, but If you don't have luck with PM customer service

I'm curious as you probably know the date of the last charge by PM. They charge every 30 days. The day or 2 before the next charge can you go online and login to your TD card and lock your card... Since this isn't an automatic payment setup with TD but withing PM the transaction might not go thru

@VIP_Tech wrote:

another option call to your back and change your credit number. 

In many cases, simply changing the credit card number wouldn't help.  Many credit card issuers automatically update merchants about new credit card numbers and expiry dates for card changes on the the same credit card account as the previous card. The credit card user is also auatomically opted in to this meaning that a merchant could potentiallly still charge the customer even if the crredit card number is changed.  The customer would have to very specific to the credit card issuer that the change is being requested for reasons of lost card/fraud/dispute with merchant.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@edmonton780 

I sent you some additional info via private message for you to review. Hope it helps.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@edmonton780 

You will get a different CS_Agent if you contact them by the SIMon chat. If you contact them with private messaging, you will communicate with the same CS_Agent.

Click on the envelope icon and ask to contact a CS_Agent supervisor.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @edmonton780 

sorry to hear that

do you contact to customer support agent by send Private Messages ?

another option call to your back and change your credit number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.