cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ways to speak with anybody?

p-v
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, it seems that the data usage is wrongly over billing the time of the total usage of my phone calls. (I have spoken about 30 minutes and the line just cuts and I now receive a message saying that my data plan is busted. )

What's the deal?

9 REPLIES 9

Which mobile provider counts seconds per calls and does not do rounding up?

This is a way PM does; calling vmail is considered outgoing call as you they have many vmail access numbers so you can call BC to access it.

Do not forget, PM is low cost mobile company many are happy to be with considering some limitations.

@p-v wrote:

"For minutes they always round up to the next minutes so 30 minutes for PM may only be a fraction of that if you take 10 or 20 second calls into account, or even less if it hits vm and you just hang up.'' 

This is so dumb in 2022 to charge by the minute. Everything is computerized, there is no need to round up...

@p-v   While it is an easy change , but ALL mobile providers who have limited minutes counted minutes by rounding up, this is not a PM only calculation.  A request to change to by second calculation would be a battle against the whole mobile industry  🙂

p-v
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"For minutes they always round up to the next minutes so 30 minutes for PM may only be a fraction of that if you take 10 or 20 second calls into account, or even less if it hits vm and you just hang up.'' 

This is so dumb in 2022 to charge by the minute. Everything is computerized, there is no need to round up...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@p-v 

Are you talking about running out data or talk on your $15 plan? 
It sounds like you burned out 250mb of data and 100 minutes of talk.

For talk, just text your friends or family to call you since you have unlimited incoming calls.

For data, purchase an Add-on for $5 with 200mb of data or $15 for 1gb of data.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@p-v   It sounds like you meant you are out of talk minutes?  That can happen easily if you're on the $15 plan as noted earlier since all minutes are rounded up so a call lasting 20 seconds would deduct 1 minute from your available minutes on that plan.  Also retrieving voicemail will deduct from your available outgoing mins.

If that is the case then just log into your account and buy the $5/500 Canada wide mins by selecting Purchase Add-on (halfway down the overview page) and add funds and then back to add-ons page to buy the add-on.   Non-roaming add-ons don't expire so remaining mins from the add-on will stay with your plan until depleted.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Do you have the 15 dollar plan. I am a bit confused are you talking about data or minutes? or both. For minutes they always round up to the next minutes so 30 minutes for PM may only be a fraction of that if you take 10 or 20 second calls into account, or even less if it hits vm and you just hang up.

As community has said unless your using data for voip those 2 have nothing to do with each other

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@p-v wrote:

Yes, you can open a ticket or email agent for assistance. But data will not be used for your calls over mobile phone.

To contact CSA, there are 2 methods:

- Ticket: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented.

- Send a private message to agent by clicking Here

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What data has to do with your talk over the phone? Unless you use data for voip app?

Could you provide mode details so we can try to help you out.

Need Help? Let's chat.