cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get SIM chips cheaper than $10?

hstraf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I might be looking to purchase 8 SIM chips.  Is there any way to get them lower cost than $10 each?  

(We have eight people (two parents and six kids) in our family and we're considering to switch over to Public Mobile.)

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hstraf wrote:

Hello,

I might be looking to purchase 8 SIM chips.  Is there any way to get them lower cost than $10 each?  

(We have eight people (two parents and six kids) in our family and we're considering to switch over to Public Mobile.)

Thanks!

If you have London Drugs close by that might be the best way as suggested by @m_ba as they are offering free SIM with instore activation, and you'll still be able to use referrals as suggested already by everyone.  That's a potential $80 in savings, or maybe PM kiosks might also offer free SIM too but I can't say for sure about that.

m_ba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased my SIM card form London Drugs and I was informed that if you activate in-store, the $10 fee is waived so I would suggest that you just activate all 8 in-store. Hope that helps.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hstraf wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

If you are PC Optimum points(PCO) collector, you can use points to buy PM SIM card at The Mobile Shop(TMS) inside Superstore. 

Sometime PCO offer bonus 20k points for spending $40 at TMS. It is 50% off.  

Together will the $10 referral credit suggested by others will lower your initial cost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hstraf wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

Realize that for the other 7 activations, the referral from the first activation will pay for the SIM for the rest.

Buy 8 SIM's. Activate 1. When activating the next 7, use the first to refer to the next 7. Now the first has 7 referrals and each of the 7 other activations get $10. Thereby netting you $70 of the $80 cost. Add in autopay for each one and that's another 2 bucks...each...making that another $16 immediately. Then the autopay and referral rewards at the next renewal will get your another $23.

Don't use the same payment card though. Or stagger the activations one or 2 a day.

And each activatiion needs a unique email address.

@hstraf 

If you are not in a rush, you could wait for promotions which offer free SIM cards for in store activations.  Or some Walmart reps will offer free SIM cards if you activate in store.  YMMV. 

The friend referrals of $10 is suppose to "cover" the cost of the SIM card.  You can have each family member refer another one.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@hstrafThere are 3rd party resellers on eBay that sells is for 9.xx including shipping.. you typically don't get volume discounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.