cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate phone number in the my plan section

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Has anyone ever got a call from PM? I'm curious since looking at some of the problems posted here, I would think they would have. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thankyou. Appreciate that you took the time to reply. Will accept this as my solution. 

@popping wrote:

Your alternate phone number is used to verify that you are the owner of your account if you forgot your PIN#.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

@zblackma  @popping  is correct that it can also be used as an identifier for verification purposes. The escalations department of public mobile will call customers to settle disputes or leave a number for the customer to call that department.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Your alternate phone number is used to verify that you are the owner of your account if you forgot your PIN#.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@zblackma wrote:

Has anyone ever got a call from PM? I'm curious since looking at some of the problems posted here, I would think they would have. Thanks.

No calls, only text messages.

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I never heard of getting call from them

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I only heard about the problems with the port. People did receive calls from  pm/Telus employees if information was insufficient or something was wrong. I never heard of any other call which doesn't mean it didn't happen, so I would still keep the correct alternative number. If you don't have any I recommend fongo. 

Need Help? Let's chat.