cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All phone calls go directly to voicemail

NilocRetep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I transferred both my daughters cell service providers from Freedom to Public Mobile yesterday afternoon. My wife and I also transferred from Freedom to Public Mobile about a month earlier with no issues. We love it...no spinning texts when trying to send...texts come in immediately...all phone calls are received; it's great!

Unfortunately with my daughters transfer it's not looking as smooth. Both phones don't appear to be ringing when we call them. They go straight to voicemail. I don't believe this is some weird setting within their phones as it was working with Freedom. They can both send/receive texts, so at least that portion is working. 

I know it can take a couple hours for the transfer to complete...but it's almost been 24 hours now.

Also on my one daughters phone, she's starting to get a lot of text download options. When she taps the message to download, nothing happens. It looks like it attempts to download it and then nothing happens. 

Am I missing something here, or do I need to exercise a little more patience?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NilocRetep wrote:

Also on my one daughters phone, she's starting to get a lot of text download options. When she taps the message to download, nothing happens. It looks like it attempts to download it and then nothing happens. 

@NilocRetep 

for that text issue, is your daughter on iPhone?  Try to turn on Mobile Data and see if it works

if not, tell us what text download options showing, maybe a screenshot

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @NilocRetep 

for the phones that going to voicemail, I think that is not going to PM voicemail but your old provider voicemail.  I will send you porting support number, they can confirm if poritng was completed.  If not, they will advise

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NilocRetep  

Sounds like a stuck in port issue .

Will send you porting team number

For live support to fix the issue

Private message . Top of page envelope icon

Additional info on porting

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NilocRetep 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.