cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All incoming calls going to answering machine after activating sim and number porting

daxa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After I ported my number to public mobile and activated the sim card ,my phone doesn't ring for incoming calls.  All incoming calls are going straight to answering machine. What should I do to fix this issue? 

8 REPLIES 8

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yes that should work Daxa

@LurganIeUk The message above you says old carrier sim was removed. That explains calls going to voicemail.

Do you have a lot of numbers blocked? Or is your DND (Do no Disturb ) turned on?

daxa

Yes, all incoming calls are going straight to old service provider's answering machine.  I will put the old service provider's sim card until it stops working and will then insert newly activated sim card of public mobile and reboot the phone to see if it starts receiving the incoming calls.  

@daxa wrote:

After I ported my number to public mobile and activated the sim card ,my phone doesn't ring for incoming calls.  All incoming calls are going straight to answering machine. What should I do to fix this issue? 

I would say that ideally, customers have 2 phone devices, one compatible with the old carrier, and one with Public Mobile.  Although Public Mobile is no longer practising this, some carriers may still be requiring users to reply to a text message to approve the outgoing porting request.  For this reason, and if there is only one phone device available, the old carrier's sim card should be left in the phone. Otherwise, the customer may not be able to authorize the porting request from the old carrier. 

By any chance is the voicemail of your old carrier? If so, that would be because all incoming calls are still going to the old carrier. 

daxa

Thanks for your suggestion.  Sure, I will try just that and will see how it goes.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @daxa ,

A cell phone number being ported to Public Mobile usually takes a few hours to complete. Use your previous provider's SIM to receive calls, when this SIM stops working you know the port is complete.

Then insert your Public Mobile SIM, a full reboot of your phone and resetting your network settings is a good idea at this point; and check if you can make/receive calls and texts.

A land line usually takes a few days (some cases up to 7) for port to fully complete.

Welcome!

Need Help? Let's chat.