cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent who created my account spelt my name wrong

gall0285
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, the agent at Walmart who helped create my Public Mobile account spelt my last name wrong. Does anyone have any idea how I would go about fixing this issue?

12 REPLIES 12

@gall0285 

FYI to direct your reply to a certain member you can tag them by tapping the "@" key and a box will pop up with usernames if you dont see it continue to type the name til it pops up then tap it.

gall0285

Awesome thanks for letting me know

gall0285

Awesome thanks for letting me know!

gall0285

gall0285

Thanks for letting me know!

payammasjedi

Do you have access to the self serve website? 
     If yes, go to your self serve website and log in... in the ‘My Profile’ section, you can edit your name and last name, along with address and other information.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gall0285 wrote:

Hey there, the agent at Walmart who helped create my Public Mobile account spelt my last name wrong. Does anyone have any idea how I would go about fixing this issue?

@gall0285 Click here to register your selfserve account then you can go into selfserve and fix it if you wish.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@gall0285 wrote:

You might actually want to leave it spelled wrong, or edit it so it's spelled even more wrong. 😀 In lieu of a real port protection feature here at PM, it can help prevent your number from being fraudulently ported out, as your name is 1 of only 3 pieces of information needed to port out your number. (Along with 2 of: Phone number, account number, IMEI)

Your name is only used for display purposes in the self-serve portal - the name used for credit card charges is saved separately with your credit card payment information.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@gall0285 you can actually change your whole name to something else i.e. Jane May

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gall0285 , incorrect name spelling is not so important since this is a prepaid service with no credit check.  In fact, some people will purposely misspell the name as a protection against fraudulent number porting.  Something to think about.  You might want to leave it the way it is.  

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@gall0285 wrote:

Access self service and change it under My Profile.

profile.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gall0285 create your self service account.  You can change your name from within it. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.