cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Again, Public Mobile is selling sim card on Amazon directly

softech
Oracle
Oracle

You can get PM sim card from Amazon AGAIN.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07R6P5KBB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AD2L5SKHPCC6Q&psc=1

this is actually one SOLD By Public Mobile and Fulfilled by Amazon.  So, it has Prime Delivery for one day shipping

PM has sold their sim cards via Amazon before but stopped it  after a short while.  You do see others sellers for PM sim card, but not all of them with Prime delivery.

For those who do not have Prime membership, you can sign up for a trial and get one Prime delivery for free.  Just remember to cancel your membership after the free trial

To cancel Amazon Prime: go to  : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/primecentral?ref_=ya_d_c_prime

At Manage Membership on the far right, click Update, cancel and more, and End Membership

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/primecentral?ref_=ya_d_c_primehttps://www.amazon.ca/gp/primecentral?ref_=ya_d_c_prime

24 REPLIES 24

@Olive_Oyl 

I was only commenting on your, “focusing on profit vs gaining new customers” comment.

I agreed with that point.

What part of your overall analysis do you feel I’m not getting? 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

This makes so much sense. Clearly PM has no idea how to run a fulfillment center, so why not leverage an expert like Amazon.

@Olive_Oyl wrote:

My last comments. 

The SIM being the gateway is an excellent way of putting it. Sure, still be ALL online, but there should be more availability to a $5 SIM card. How about $1 stores, and they have better evening hours as well.  

@Olive_Oyl 

Agree. I always say Lucky and Virgin and Bell are smart, they have sim card for $6 or so at ALL Dollarama. They got the publicity, free promotion as well as easy sim access.

And I always say, someone wants to join, go online and order a sim.  Waited 5 days and not seeing it coming, they do more research and know there are other choices, probably they will say , Forget it

Olive_Oyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My last comments. 

The SIM being the gateway is an excellent way of putting it. Sure, still be ALL online, but there should be more availability to a $5 SIM card. How about $1 stores, and they have better evening hours as well.  

If I was anxious to get a phone plan and was "ready to go" with PM....the timeliness or lack of it may determine wether the transaction comes to fruition or not. 

And once again improve the payment options at activation to be able to use a voucher or PayPal or??

The eBay, Craigslist, etc. is the little guy and really not that many.....so leave them alone. And most on eBay,..what I don't like...is they are not selling a card....some sell their referral code...and that is wrong and some say don't buy just to put their referral code out there, nationally.  CCS and a few others with an abundant  amount of cards, once all sold, will likely be cut off due to no availability from the source.  

I will look at the amazon APP for sure!!!

@Olive_Oyl   that's is actually a good example

In fact, HP is now pretty much selling the printer at cost and then tie you up with the ink subscription plan, you use it or not, it is a subscription

Another one,  O365, it is "free" now , you just need  subscription to use it  🙂

@Olive_Oyl 

I have an Amazon account and have no idea of where to see any tracking or confirmation of delivery. And I don't appreciate the delivery sitting on my porch in view of any one walking by. And the delivery guy can take a pic of it but can't even do courtesy door bell ring. 

don't you setup the email alert and use the app?  I find it very good in terms or tracking and alert, sometimes too many and I almost want to disable the alerts  🙂

I do agree the door bell ring. Can't them just do one more "click" 

PM should be targeting low income customers as well as seniors. Low income might not even have a credit card and a lot of seniors will not do the online purchase. PM needs to be more well rounded with SIM card availability and perhaps needs a better option to pay at the time of activation. 

This goes back to the model PM chose.  Is all online good?  I am not sure.  Not discrimination but a fact that all online (and without helpdesk) is not Senior-friendly and not low-income friendly.  If they want have more senior and low income accounts, they need to do a bit more.

Olive_Oyl

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Olive_Oyl 

Profit?

They are a business - likely in it for the almighty dollar.

Still doesn’t quite explain why they gave away thousands of SIM cards in the past few weeks until they ran out.

Boy oh boy....you are missing the point. You buy a printer for a real good deal but the ink costs a fortune and you have to buy and buy some more.  

Printer = SIM Card

Ink = 30 Day Plan

Get it???

Olive_Oyl

@softech wrote:

@Olive_Oyl 

I think going Amazon is a good move, and in fact, they need to put the Amazon link on their page like before so people know the option is there.  It is always better to have more places selling it

Possibly but only for a few new potential customers.  I imagine that the online price went to $10 for one only as the $9.99 card is being hit with a commission to sell it. Perhaps Amazon gives them a corporate rate...not sure.

Also, as long as PM staying with regular mail with Canada post, there is no way they can patch their slow shipping,

Disagree 100%. The issue with the slow delivery is their processing time. And I have proven it. 

It is hard to beat  Amazon Prime one day shipping with reliable tracking

I kind of don't agree with that either. I have an Amazon account and have no idea of where to see any tracking or confirmation of delivery. And I don't appreciate the delivery sitting on my porch in view of any one walking by. And the delivery guy can take a pic of it but can't even do courtesy door bell ring. 

I understand not everyone has Amazon account, but many do. Given that PM is going all in with online support/sales/activation, PM's target market is now those who can manage their accounts online, and I expect a big percentage of those have Amazon account 

PM should be targeting low income customers as well as seniors. Low income might not even have a credit card and a lot of seniors will not do the online purchase. PM needs to be more well rounded with SIM card availability and perhaps needs a better option to pay at the time of activation. 

The line ."Ensure you get a genuine product by only purchasing from Public Mobile" definitely targeting others selling PM sim on the side like CCS.   But I guess it also targetting those who are "selling" the friend code with free sim card on eBay. 

Perhaps....but why them? I bought mine on Craigslist  and they guy was very knowledgeable and helped me decide to come to PM. He answered all of my questions. And that knowledge isn't offered at a store or?? The local contact did it for me!! And for PM that is another customer!!

And without a sale commission for new activation, I doubt CCS , or others sellers, will put in too much effort to sell PM sim card.  Yes, CCS still selling it, but just because they have the site setup and they don't mind to put another item there, but the effort for pushing PM to customers is definitely not the same 

I imagine that CCS eventually will run out. They are selling off the inventory that he had "pre change" of no retailers. He has tried numerous prices to no avail and seems to have struck it right with $5. 

Hey @softech – I don’t disagree with what you’re saying.

I’m just being realistic – every major mobile service provider is in it for the money.

They may play word games by telling us they’re in it “for customer satisfaction first” and profit second.

But let’s not fool ourselves, that’s just what they’re saying.

A recent example would be to move to public points, which is still being touted as good for customers.  Sure, it’s better than nothing for new customers, but none of us would move to it.

@HALIMACS   I do agree with @Olive_Oyl  that PM should not be going with Profit for the sim cards

Sim card is the "gateway" to new activation.  Setting the bar to high would not help activation at all.  You can loss money for sim card and get the profit back later from the service

I think they need to find a way to get the potential customers the sim card quick, before they loss the interest, so going Amazon is definitely the right direction

In fact, they should go further by giving a $10 code to offset the sim cost if the sim card got activated in the end (another $10 on top of the friend referrals).  Shops always give out sim card for free to get you activated so they can earn commission.  Same idea

Has anyone actually rec'd the "free" pm sim yet ?

@Olive_Oyl 

Profit?

They are a business - likely in it for the almighty dollar.

Still doesn’t quite explain why they gave away thousands of SIM cards in the past few weeks until they ran out.

@Olive_Oyl 

I think going Amazon is a good move, and in fact, they need to put the Amazon link on their page like before so people know the option is there.  It is always better to have more places selling it

Also, as long as PM staying with regular mail with Canada post, there is no way they can patch their slow shipping, It is hard to beat  Amazon Prime one day shipping with reliable tracking

I understand not everyone has Amazon account, but many do. Given that PM is going all in with online support/sales/activation, PM's target market is now those who can manage their accounts online, and I expect a big percentage of those have Amazon account

The line ."Ensure you get a genuine product by only purchasing from Public Mobile" definitely targeting others selling PM sim on the side like CCS.   But I guess it also targetting those who are "selling" the friend code with free sim card on eBay. 

And without a sale commission for new activation, I doubt CCS , or others sellers, will put in too much effort to sell PM sim card.  Yes, CCS still selling it, but just because they have the site setup and they don't mind to put another item there, but the effort for pushing PM to custsomers is definitely not the same 

Olive_Oyl

If you ask me it looks like PM, on the SIM side of the business, is focusing on profit vs gaining new customers.

ie. 

1. They have patched the slow delivery of their $10 online SIM sales by offering on Amazon at $9.99. And have removed the bonus card that ended up to be 2 for $10. The Amazon option  is restrictive as some potential PM customers don't have an Amazon account or a Prime Amazon account.  And some potential  new customers might not even have a stable mailing address available to them. 

2. And by this addition to the ad..."Ensure you get a genuine product by only purchasing from Public Mobile"

who are they targeting or suggesting that there are illegitimate SIM cards being sold??  

3. Since the PM online prices is now $10 for one only SIM have sales dropped and have CCS sales increased??

If you put your self in the shoes of a new customer or one that wants to port over, the ability to quickly obtain a SIM card is still NOT there. 

These guys have the PM sims for only $5...with fast free delivery AND if you're in GTA, they have a local pick-up option.

I've ordered from them on a Thursday...rec'd sim on Tuesday in BC.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-micro-na...

I know it’s gone @hTideGnow .  I was simply referring back to the time when they were free – those were the good old days.

I think it only lasted two or three days if I’m not mistaken!!!

🤣🤣🤣

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Great find @softech .  I hope PM keep selling it on Amazon

and @HALIMACS  there is no more FREE sim if people didn't order it 2 weeks ago.   Was supposed to end March 31, but I guess due to "popular demand" , all free sim cards are gone, but they still have $10 sim cards left LoL

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The prime trial is quite handy 🙂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Thank you.....saved.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Or… We can all order free SIM cards to the extent that PM has them available in stock!!!

Still waiting for mine!

😉

@maximum_gato 

Update: add the Cancel Amazon member back to the main post on top

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Do you have a "How-to" screenshot for it? I have boycotted Amazon for this very reason.

@maximum_gato it's not bad to cancel Amazon subscription.   🙂 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Yes but only if you can find your way thru the Amazon maze to cancel it.

Need Help? Let's chat.