cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertisement in my private message box?

hosselot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am new to public mobile. I just got an email notification that I have a private message and when I logged in I saw this:

"Over $350 per day! Remote work from the comfort of your home! Paycheck every day!

Work remotely from the comfort of your home and receive your paycheck every day! No experience needed, no boss over your shoulder. Change your life today! Open this link - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- simply fill out the form and our manager will contact you shortly!"

This sounds like advertisement in my private message. Is this usual?? Is it possible to turn off receiving advertisement??

I believe public mobile should fight with unwanted advertisement, not sending them! 

9 REPLIES 9

mishuk

I just got same spam mail . On right hand side three dots press option “ignore user “ check it’s added to your ignore list in your email acct . 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lol didn't realize the rampant alliteration there 😮

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Definitely a nuisance, but unfortunately something you have to push through until they move on because you don't want to lose access to the ones that are actually needed and important. Scumbag spam scammers have a special spot in hell hopefully. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hosselot  if you ever need to get support from the CSA I would enable notifications again.  That way you know when they reply rather than needing to login every 20-30 minutes to see if you have a reply.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, this is SPAM in most cases new users receive. Somehow spammers track who signed up and try to harass them.

You can report and delete. In all cases sender is firstname_lastname so you would know it is not real customer.

hosselot

I see. I just turned off "Receive email notifications for new private messages".

I believe we need an option in setting like:

"Receive email notifications for new private messages from publicmobile team"

@hosselot   I would suggest to just turn off email notification so you won't get the notification in your mailbox. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:private-messe...

Receive email notifications for new private messages  

The reason is that you still need the private message to talk to CS Agent if you ever open ticket with them.  So people opened a ticket and complained no one replied because they forgot that they already turned off Private message and the messages didn't come through

And no worry, for some reason , the spammers usually attack newer accounts. So, once your account here is older, they will loss interest in you and you will get less.

hosselot

This is unfortunate. As everyone can register and send unwaned advertisement any time then it seems it is better to just turn off private messages. 😞

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hosselot   Unfortunately,  the Community is open for registration to everyone, some spammer and scammer will come here for their "promotion", too.

Just report the message as Inappropriate , then delete it.  Those accounts will be banned

Community-Report as Inappropriate.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.