cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data add-on 1GB, one time only.

Auburn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello helpful community !

So, somehow I managed to use all my data ( 2GB ) in one day, 6 days or so in the month.
With 2Gb available, I've actually used 2.5GB in one day. Funny stuff.
My ballance owing was 0$ before this.

I went and bought 1GB data addon for 30$ and this is where things get strange.
Now I should have 30$ credit.
A prorated I assume 22$ is estimated due for the period up to 27th.
I am still waiting for some message confirming I have extra data available.
I don't know if I have it, I don't know if I can use it.

Available Funds: $30.00
Next plan renewal date: Sep 27, 2019
Estimated amount due:$22.00
The amount due is based on your current Rate Plan

Do I have extra data or not ?Do I need to do some sort of activation ?
I just bought 1GB of data, what else the system wants from me ?
Get my data going !
Please and thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

F77

This was very helpful. I had the same question. Thanks. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Auburn wrote:

Thank you @will13am

I didn't realize I have to do an extra step to convert my available funds into 1GB of data.
I thought I was buying again another round of 1GB.
A bit confusing.

It's actually not confusing at all. This is a Pay Before 100% Prepaid service with no Pay per use charges or any sort of charges. What you did was added $30 to your account, you can add as much as you want it will sit there until its used up to pay for your 30 day plan fees or you use it to pay for some sort of an add on.  So now log in to your self serve account and buy the add on.  Remember all Canadian add ons are a one time purchase. So which ever Canadian Add on you buy will stay on your account till used up as long as you keep paying for your 30-day plan fees. 

Auburn

Thank you @will13am

I didn't realize I have to do an extra step to convert my available funds into 1GB of data.
I thought I was buying again another round of 1GB.
A bit confusing.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Auburn, do you see 1GB data in the add-on box of the overview tab?  Recently Public Mobile credited all active accounts with 1GB free data.  This might be where your 1GB data is coming from.  See announcement link.

If there is no reference to data in the add-on box, then all data is used up and you need to complete the add-on purchase.  See this link which covers the add-on purchasing process. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yoy need to purchase then add it to your account.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
Need Help? Let's chat.