cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active new sim card

Sunlight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was going to active my new sim card but during my registration I received a message that it looks like something went wrong when activating your account. Error Code: 837

So I need your help to solve this issue.

regrades

9 REPLIES 9

@Sunlight wrote:

in my bank account there is the public mobile name but the charge is 0 . I also put the sim card in my phone but it is not register

@Sunlight 

The $0 charge is due to Public Mobile attempting to ensure that the payment card you used is a valid one so they can complete the activation.   It will 'drop off' in a few days.

If there is no actual charges of the plan value, I'd try the activation again, but from a desktop device (if available)

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Sunlight 

if your credit card not charge you yet.
close all browser and clear cache / cookies / open incognito mode ,from Laptop or computer,

and Activation again.

@Sunlight wrote:

in my bank account there is the public mobile name but the charge is 0 . I also put the sim card in my phone but it is not register

@Sunlight - are you able to log into My Account? If so, that means the activation process was done. Or, you can check with a CSA through a ticket by method above to check if the SIM card activation process completed and to check your account.

Sunlight

@Sunlight wrote:

in my bank account the is the public mobile name but the charge is 0 . I also put the sim card in my phone but it is not regester

@Sunlight  - could be a pending charge that may or may not become authorized at this point.

To be sure, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Sunlight

in my bank account the is the public mobile name but the charge is 0 . I also put the sim card in my phone but it is not regester

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sunlight  

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sunlight - check if your credit card was charged, if so try the SIM into your phone to see if you have services. Restart your phone with SIM inside first.

Are you porting over...then you will need to place the previous provider's sim card back in to receive the SMS transfer.

If you do not have services and were not charged. Try opening another browser or use another device. Even better open a tab in incognito mode, to try and reactivate the SIM again. But if still receiving the message after this, contact CSA to check or assist with activation:

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sunlight 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  PM might have charged you already.  

But first check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charged you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed.  

Error 837 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

If PM didn't charge you yet, you can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

Need Help? Let's chat.