cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation unsuccessful, now I cannot try again with the same SIM

Javid74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I tried to activate my account with a SIM I ordered online. I am transferring a number from my old provider Fido, and after I had completed everything necessary and submitted payment and it was going through its 4 step process, it gave me an error 821. Now when I try to do the activation again like the prompt suggests, it tells me my SIM is invalid. I cannot log into or check my existing account details because my login details do not work either.

How am I supposed to fix this?

1 REPLY 1

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Javid74 

The error code 821 is referring to an error when you entered the IMEI of the phone.

The best thing to do is to contact a CS_Agent and see if the porting was completed and they will help complete the porting process.

The final step is to reply to the text with YES confirming you are porting over to PM with the Fido SIM in the phone. You have 90 minutes window to reply.

If you didn't receive the text and the Fido SIM still works then the porting was not completed.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting for you tomorrow since their hours are from 6:00am to 10:00pm EST. I will pm you the Telus porting department so they can help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.