cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation successful but SMS not working.

cadieuxal007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everything works fine, expect sms can't receive any of them.

I transferred my phone number from Lucky , I'm not sure it got transferred successfull. 

8 REPLIES 8

@cadieuxal007 

Reply to the text with YES now!

Hopefully, the porting will be completed.

My friend did the same mistake and replied 4 hours later (outside the 90 minute window).

He got a reply back from a CS_Agent the next morning on the envelope icon above and got him off running on his phone.

@cadieuxal007 wrote:

That's the issue I just saw the sms from Lucky , I had 90 minutes to reply. Oups what to do ? 

@cadieuxal007   still try to reply yes. now

Reboot your phone couple time tonight to see if you are getting incoming calls

If not , call Porting team tomorrow and they can re-trigger the process

cadieuxal007

Thanks 

cadieuxal007

That's the issue I just saw the sms from Lucky , I had 90 minutes to reply. Oups what to do ? 

@cadieuxal007 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right. The porting support is closed for the night,  Call them tomorrow morning and get it fixed

cadieuxal007

I can call out but not receive calls also

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cadieuxal007 

If you replied to the text from Lucky confirming you are porting your number to PM.

The next step is to Power Off (not turn off the screen or restart) your phone then swap the Lucky SIM with the PM SIM then power the phone back on.

You probably check already to see if SMS is enabled in your Settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cadieuxal007   can you receive incoming calls?  Try to call from landline

if you are receiving incoming calls, then you should receive text from friends.  The ONLY text you cannot receive might be those 2FA text from Banks?  if that is the case, it is normal.  System generated text like 2FA text usually will delay for couple days.  You should start getting those text within 3 to 7 days

Need Help? Let's chat.