cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation problem / porting from Wind to PM / can't login to self serve

20xxtechnology
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi community,

I just signed up for PM and am porting my existing WIND number.

Its been about 2 hours and I haven't received any texts from Public Mobile signalling the port is done.

When I signed up I got an obscure error at the receipt page but I received the receipt in my email.

I cannot sign into self serve using the same email. I cannot reset my password as it says my email cannot be validated.

Can a mod please help me?

17 REPLIES 17

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Melissap,

Thank you for providing us with an update !

I took a look into your port request and it has actually been completed as of November 25th 🙂 If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send us a message. Welcome to PM,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Melissap

update

Ball is rolling

switched sim cards because my other old service no longer worked

got text

used text to attempt to sign in to my account

supposed to get a 'confirmation email'

don't have it yet.

also, cant send or receive calls.  which is kind of the scariest part, and why i want a cellphone to begin with.

I hope it's fixed soon.

Mosor
You've tried and didn't send a text?

Melissap

the only way you can register is if you get a text message and of course i dont have one

Mosor
Try going My Account and creating a new self serve account. Once you create one check your plan details. If it doesn't have anything but pick n play but it says you have $120 credit, select change plan. Pick the fall promo and select it to start immediately. Your credits should drop down to zero.
This works for some people but not all.

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Melissap I think you might be better served creating your own new thread rather than commenting on a two week old thread that has been markedd as "solved".

Melissap

i was sent an email saying i'm registered, but i can't login

1)  your login attempt failed

2)  Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

i'm already paying for this service but i am not recognized as legitimate

Melissap

tagging mods please see my post above @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Melissap

1) tried activating my sim through your website

2)  received an error message

3)  tried again

4)  website now says my sim is INVALID.

5)  can't log in to the website using an account because it says i'm not registered with public mobile.

please fix

ilikesuushi

Guess you lucked out, I messaged @Mary_M on Friday and still haven't gotten a reply yet.

20xxtechnology

Hi all,

I'm pleased to report that Shazia_K solved my problems.

Thanks a lot for the guidance and huge thank you to Shazia for the quick help.

20xxtechnology
I've pmed the mods. Thanks.

Hi all. I think until the promo period ends there is no point tagging moderators. Send private messages as outlined here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Also, given the current spate of issues DO NOT port-in from an old carrier until you have an active account and service. The absolutely worst state is an inactive account and failed port-in; this often results in no service with PM AND the old carrier.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@vermatanya I would suggest you reach out to the mods separately as well so you don't get lost in this thread.

Also make sure to follow the below,

Due to a high volume of messages being received, we are experiencing some delays in getting back to you. In order for us to be more efficient, we would like to call out a few things that can help us, help you.

1) If you recently ported your phone number and you are experiencing mixed services/porting issues – send us a private message and please include your Public Mobile phone # (if applicable), the number you wish to port, as well as theaccount number associated to your old service provider

2) If you have a failed activation, but you have been charged, please include when private messaging us - your SIM card number, name and email address used when activating.

During your activation, if you have not been charged, please clear your cookies/cache and try again, or use a new browser. Should you require further assistance, please send a private message to one of the moderators.

3) If your plan change has failed, or you are experiencing difficulty changing your plan, please send a private message including your Public Mobile phone number, account number and desired plan

4) If you are missing referral rewards, please send a private message including your phone number as well as thenumbers you referred.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

20xxtechnology
@Shazia_K @Mary_M tagging the mods as suggested

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@20xxtechnology  Make sure if you need help from a Mod you reach out to them in 1 of two ways,

1. Tagging: Simply tag one of the above Community mods by inserting their name in your topic or reply post. For example, if I wanted to tag Shazia, I would use @Shazia_K to contact her Please do not tag Moderators multiple times for one thread- it will not make them respond any faster. While it may take them 20-30 minutes to get back to you, they will be sure to do so.
  2. Private Messaging: You can do this by searching for the Community Moderator’s name or by clicking on the Community Moderator’s name or Avatar, then, on the right-side of their profile click on “Send this user a private message”

vermatanya

I am having the same issues; its extremely frustrating not being able to speak to a customer care individual right away. My porting has been stopped mid process - what my previous service provider told me and I have no way of getting it changed

Need Help? Let's chat.