cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation page down, cant sign up?

ondreeah1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with public a while now and just got a second phone for work. Bought a sim online but cant seem to find a way to set it up. I have my work email but The activation page is down for maintence? and while i can sign up for community here I guess you cant sign up for "my account" with a PM phone number which I cant get without activation. Seems ridiculous, No?  Also I cant add a second line to my current public account and have one bill  because that's not an option. 

Suggestions before I just go with another provider?

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ondreeah1234 

Seems to be working now. Maybe give it a try now.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ondreeah1234 

Just a little unlucky with timing tonight....i was feeling lucky last night with a late night activation until I ran into the issue of the old device being locked and chatr phone support being down for the day. Followed by the new device that was supposed to be unlocked.....not. But luckily both devices were Samsung galaxy phones and their 24 hour chat support supplied the unlocking codes within 10 minutes of contact. It all worked out in the end with the activation taking 10 minutes and the port initiated thru the self serve account after activation using the IMEI # in lieu of the preferred account # took about 25 minutes to complete in the middle of the night.

I would recommend creating a pm specific email address rather than using a work email since 2FA is thru SMS text or email. Phone service account email/username should solely be under the customers control for account security. Having created a community account before activation is an excellent resource for info before activation to avoid any possible issues.

If you have more questions ask away.....? What plan are you considering? Do you already have your referral code from your account to enter on the 4th page of the activation portal? Chosen your password? 4 digit account pin #?

@ondreeah1234 wrote:

I've been with public a while now and just got a second phone for work. Bought a sim online but cant seem to find a way to set it up. I have my work email but The activation page is down for maintence? and while i can sign up for community here I guess you cant sign up for "my account" with a PM phone number which I cant get without activation. Seems ridiculous, No?  Also I cant add a second line to my current public account and have one bill  because that's not an option. 

Suggestions before I just go with another provider?

Since it's down, all you can do is wait until later. The site gets taken down/goes down regularly during the middle of the night.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@ondreeah1234 

tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

and come back after 6 hr from now is will be working.

Need Help? Let's chat.