cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of a new SIM card on the same phone

tom01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Sim card is defective. I am unable to use the phone or text message. I have a new SIM card. After logging in to my account scrolling down to change the SIM card, I put the new Sim card number in and when I push save the numbers of the new Sim card disappeared. I have done this five times. Can anybody help me, thank you

17 REPLIES 17

@tom01 

Why are you changing the SIM card?

What makes you believe it was defective?

@tom01 wrote:

What is an incognito web browser mode?

It's an enhanced privacy mode that allows you to use websites while saving less information to your device. It also helps to get around issues of a site showing outdated cached content.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tom01 - what is the current status showing in your My Account?

HI @tom01   

did you check your Community inbox? 

message them again for status update

usually they reply 2 or 4 hours, if over 24 hours, likely they missed it

tom01

I opened up a ticket yesterday. I haven’t heard anything yet.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tom01 

I think a primary question to answer here is, what makes you think your SIM card was defective to begin with?

@tom01 

Get a public mobile payment voucher from one of the locations below and dial 611 to apply it to your account.

HALIMACS_0-1675300124440.png

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @tom01 

open inPrivate mode,from computer. Login and go to your profile and change SIM card number and save it. and insert in your device.

HI @tom01   

then open ticket with CS agent and they can help.  You have enough time before you renewal

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

tom01

What is an incognito web browser mode?

tom01

I have already tried my laptop with no success

tom01

My payment is due in a couple of days and my account is active

@tom01   try Incognito mode on laptop again

If that does not work , I guess you need PM support to help

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tom01 - you mean the sim card is defective because it won't save?

If you have your My Account listed in lost/stolen mode, then go and find/resume services. You may need to make a manual payment to reactivate the account to make the account Active.

Then log out, and log back in.

Now, can you do the SIM swap in your My Account?

tom01

I use both first my mobile, and then my laptop.  The result was the same. 

@tom01 wrote:

My Sim card is defective. I am unable to use the phone or text message. I have a new SIM card. After logging in to my account scrolling down to change the SIM card, I put the new Sim card number in and when I push save the numbers of the new Sim card disappeared. I have done this five times. Can anybody help me, thank you

Log out and then try again after logging in using incognito/private web browser mode.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tom01 were you using your mobile phone to access the Change sim page?  there is an error with that using Mobile device to access

Please use a desktop or laptop computer to access the page and it will work

Need Help? Let's chat.