cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error #837…I tried everything!!

Jojono
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

All that’s been suggested on this thread I have tried to no avail…

- switched brower/cleared cache

- no charge in my card yet

- repeated activation several times

- tried all suggestions from online person

- transferring phone numbers from Bell, and entered bell account number (not that other box)

- PLEASE HELP

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jojono  - "repeated activation several times" makes me nervous if you got into the point of entering your credit card details. Watch out for multiple charges if this is the case.

If you did enter payment details at any point, I would suggest to submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to check on charges and your account/porting process; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

NOTE:

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jojono 

Try using a DESKTOP and make sure you're using the prior mobile service provider ACCOUNT number if you are currently using the IMEI number to port.

Are you porting a mobile number or a landline?  Landlines take up to a week to port.

Need Help? Let's chat.