cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation a sim recieved "connection timed out" error from Public Mobile website

jsurge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have bought a sim instore yesterday. I then tried to activate online and recieved a connection timed out error near the end.

I retried to activate the sim, however it said the sim was invalid.

So with the email and password from the first activation attempt, I tried to login and recover password but it was invalid.

I also tried creating an account with the phone number I had ported over in the first activation attempt and it had said it already had an account.

I inserted the sim card to my phone and discovered that I had partial service. I could send outgoing calls and text, recieve incoming texts, but cannot recieve incoming calls.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got this exact same message and the timed out message as well when I was trying to activate . I tried the activation right away once again and got the message you posted here. I waited for 24 hours and then started the activation process all over . It worked best kind and my number ported and my Public Mobile cell services worked perfect ever since . 

Hope this works for you as well. Cheers . 

@alamgir99 wrote:

Next attempt got this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 8.10.44 PM.png

Yes it happened sometimes.. you need to wait 50 minutes and try again . Your sim is like « reserved »

alamgir99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Next attempt got this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 8.10.44 PM.png

jsurge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been about 12 hours already and still no change... so we will see if in 12 hours I recieve full cellular service for the number port.

However another problem I mentioned is that I can't access my account through self serve because of the "connection timed out" error during the activation and it has made the sim invalid to retry activation.

I will PM moderators, thanks.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jsurge wrote:

Hi,

I have bought a sim instore yesterday. I then tried to activate online and recieved a connection timed out error near the end.

I retried to activate the sim, however it said the sim was invalid.

So with the email and password from the first activation attempt, I tried to login and recover password but it was invalid.

I also tried creating an account with the phone number I had ported over in the first activation attempt and it had said it already had an account.

I inserted the sim card to my phone and discovered that I had partial service. I could send outgoing calls and text, recieve incoming texts, but cannot recieve incoming calls.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

If you're porting your number from a previous cell provider, it may take a few hours to complete. You can also try the Lost / Stolen remedy to see if that kick starts your service. Good luck and welcome to PM. Let us know when it starts working. Alternative is to click this link and send a message to the PM Moderators...I could take 24 hours or so for them to reply, so please be patient. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.