cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Period for a New SIM

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A family member is getting close to signing up to PM, but she still has a balance with the previous provider in a 'Pay As You Go' account. Obviously, she wishes to consume that balance before starting her subscription to PM.

She, therefore, wishes a SIM from PM to be readily available, to enable her to sign up to PM the sooner her balance with the previous provider has exhausted. She is not interested in porting the number.

One option would be to go to one of a PM’s SIM seller and pick it up, while the other is to order a SIM from PM and be ready with it. She prefers the latter. 

Question: What is the time period within which a new SIM — received from PM directly — must be activated after receiving it, like 30, 45 or 60 days?

PS. SIMon offered no help in my searching for an answer on this.

15 REPLIES 15

sa7375

@t_p  Many thanks.

sa7375

@hairbag1  Thanks again for those added suggestions. ❤️

Re my earlier question on 'authentic'. You had mentioned your personal experience, and I wanted to know if it's backed by some description on the PM's website to make it authentic. But so many people have now supported it, I do not need to be skeptical, and can close it here. 

Thanks @sa7375 .

When your family member does activate an account...make sure to give them your referral code. That way, they get $10 credited to their account and you get $1 off every time your plan renews as long as they stay with PM.

Also...suggest they use a valid credit card or debit card and enable Autopay and they'll get the Autopay Reward of $2 every time their plan renews itself.

@sa7375  Your very welcome 😊. If I were you I'd get the sim card from CCS as suggested by fellow member @hairbag1 .  I've gotten sims from them before, very secure and fast.

sa7375

@Yummy Many thanks. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

Question: What is the time period within which a new SIM — received from PM directly — must be activated after receiving it, like 30, 45 or 60 days?

SIM cards never expire (unless the company folds, of course)

sa7375

@softech Many thanks. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

An "authentic answer"...dunno what you're asking.

I guess OP is asking can he/she believe you 😋

Yes, answer is 'authentic' and you can believe @hairbag1.

I can confirm that PM's SIM does NOT expire, and 99.99% Community members will provide correct and truthful answer. If answer is not 100% correct, another more knowledgeable Community member will correct/clarify very quickly.

sa7375

@Quigley Many thanks for a prompt reply

@sa7375 wrote:

@hairbag1  Thanks for that lightning-fast reply in under 2 minutes. Appreciated.

Your experience is one, but shall I consider that as an authentic answer?

@sa7375  , if @hairbag1 's answer helped you, simple marked it as a Solution!!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

She can get PM's SIM at any time and get ready to sign up when old plan expires. I am not aware of time limit activation for PM SIMs and for sure they will be OK for 30-60 days!

Be aware getting SIM from retailers as they might insist of activating it right away.

I would suggest getting SIM from PM or any other source which does NOT insist on activating SIM right away. Be aware of delivery time as everything is slow these days.

When she gets PM SIM, create PM account and Activate SIM, pick a number, pay, etc.

@sa7375 wrote:

@hairbag1  Thanks for that lightning-fast reply in under 2 minutes. Appreciated.

An "authentic answer"...dunno what you're asking.

@sa7375   PM sim cards have NO expiry date and can be activated at your convenience and time period.

sa7375

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sa7375 wrote:

A family member is getting close to signing up to PM, but she still has a balance with the previous provider in a 'Pay As You Go' account. Obviously, she wishes to consume that balance before starting her subscription to PM.

She, therefore, wishes a SIM from PM to be readily available, to enable her to sign up to PM the sooner her balance with the previous provider has exhausted. She is not interested in porting the number.

One option would be to go to one of a PM’s SIM seller and pick it up, while the other is to order a SIM from PM and be ready with it. She prefers the latter. 

PS. SIMon offered no help in my searching for an answer on this.

No time limit. It can be activated after several months if desired.I have 2  spare PM sims I bought 2 years ago.

edit...if you're in the GTA, you can arrange to pick up the sim, but they also have FAST free shipping...

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

Need Help? Let's chat.