cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issue from Virgin Mobile

shanaaz2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased my Public Mobile sim and subscription about 2 weeks ago. I'm now trying to activate it and switch providers from Virgin Mobile, but keep getting an error message saying your services are on hold and Your services are on hold due to the expiration of your subscription. If your services are on hold for more than 90 days, your account will be closed permanently and you'll lose your phone numberMy credit card's already been charged for the 90 subscription so why do I have to pay again? I've tried submitting a ticket and that failed and I've just wasted  the last 2-3 hours trying to get support to no avail. 

8 REPLIES 8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @shanaaz2023 

your service with PM has not been working yet?

I think you have not use the app to continue and complete the activation yet

please download PM app, login and you can then request porting in phone number and enter the sim card number you got to complete the activation

@Bitnamus wrote:

Hello mate,

Have you tried sending a private message to @CS_Agent ? They reply quite fast, that's PM's 24/7 support team.

@Bitnamus Customer Service Reps are not available 24/7.

Monday to Sunday, 9 AM to 10 PM EST 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/get-help/articles/csa-hours-of-operation

@shanaaz2023   Others have reported there were apparently technical issues with the self-serve site last night and I know there was a problem with the community pages as it was very very slow.  Have you tried again today but with your browser in incognito mode?   Hopefully you will get a response from customer service soon.  Signing up does seem to be a bit glitchy for some people but it's not always like that and customer service should be able to get it straightened out for you.

shanaaz2023

I've tried using both. Quite frankly I'm totally unimpressed with this whole experience. Even just logging into this community isn't a straightforward process as it keeps looping me back to the login page. 5+ hrs later and still the same issue. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@shanaaz2023   Are you using the app or the website?  To complete activation you need to be using the Public Mobile app

Bitnamus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, you'll have to be patient, they answer quite fast but not as fast as live chat 🙂

shanaaz2023

I've already sent them a message and still waiting for a reply. This was almost an hour ago.

Bitnamus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello mate,

Have you tried sending a private message to @CS_Agent ? They reply quite fast, that's PM's 24/7 support team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Send them a message through private message on the forum.

Need Help? Let's chat.