cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Failed Halfway Through and Account Not Created

tmacdou4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I tried to activate a sim card and transfer my number to a new public mobile line. I filled out all of the information for each step of the activation process, all the way until finally submitting it and then as a final box with checkbox animations appeared that said things like "creating your account" "transferring your number" it stopped progressing on "linking your plan" or something like that and was loading there for hours and then i refreshed the page to try to get it to move on, and I lost all of my progress on the activation.

If I try to log in with the credentials I made for my account it doesn't work. If I try to recover my password it says the email address is invalid. If I try to go through the activation process the same way, it says the SIM is invalid. My old phone number was transferred to public mobile and thus disconnected. I tried to submit a ticket, but there were no options that seemed to fit my problem, with the most relevant ones asking for things like my public mobile account number which I do not know since I'm not sure the account was even made.

Maybe if I could give someone the sim number and they could tell me the email address on the account? Or is there any way I can salvage that activation attempt?

I'm worried i didn't get any kind of account the first time. I'm also worried about my phone number being lost. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Tom

11 REPLIES 11

@tmacdou4 

Welcome to public mobile!

Make sure you set your data tracker in your phone to the correct 30 day calendar dates of your cycle. Its a good idea to make sure your data saver is enabled and wifi assist it turned off. I suggest you set your data warning (25%) and data limiter to (50%) of your plan data in case you have an errant app start eating your data or you accidently disconnect from wifi. You can reset them when needed.

Pm sends data usage warning texts at 75% and 95% of all data on your account (plan+add on data). Keep this in mind if you have data add ons in your account. It will take 48 to 72 hours for your data to throttle down to 3mbps so don't perform any speed tests during this time as you can easily use 200mb to 400mb in a single speed test until throttled.

If you have any questions or you are unsure how something works or how to manage your account come to the community first. We can give you helpful advice, troubleshoot your device and tell you about the little bugs, quirks or bonuses pm has with their service. You might even earn a community reward for your time spent here. 

If you forgot to add a referral code for the $10 bonus referral credit ( just private message any member and ask for theirs if you need one) and/or you activated a $35+ plan and didn't add the promocode 2GBBONUS to recieve 2gb of bonus monthly plan data ( as long as you don't change your rate plan) you can contact the moderators and ask them to add the codes to your account.

Enjoy your service and the extra $$ in your wallet!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck and your welcome to public mobile 

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

enjoyed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmacdou4 : And you got the transfer sorted?

Glad all work out..

Enjoy!!

tmacdou4

Okay awesome I think I'm good to go. 

Thanks again so much guys

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmacdou4 : Click My Account upper right, then Create account mid-right.

tmacdou4

Okay, I was just now able to try out the public mobile sim card in my phone and it received a text that gives me a 6 digit code to complete my self serve registration - Since I tried refreshing the page I now have no where to put this code. 

Any advice? 

Thanks so much guys you're all so helpful

Tom

@tmacdou4  reading your original post again and i see you said  "My old phone number was transferred to public mobile and thus disconnected. "

so, on the PM phone, is the incoming calls working? When you call yourself, does PM phone ring?  If so, porting is completed.  If incoming calls does not work, it might still porting in progress and you will need to contact the porting department  (I have private message you, please check your Community inbox -- envelope on the top right)

So, if incomings calls work.. and outgoing works.  I guess what is left would be just access to your My Account.  You will have to contact the Mod using the Chat Bubble on the lower right. 

let us know how it goes.

tmacdou4

Yes PM did charge me, it's in my pending transactions. Can it take a while for the website to get up to date with new accounts?

Maybe I had a typo in my email address? Is there any way I can confirm the email address associated with my number?

Thanks again for your help!

Tom

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tmacdou4  first thing.. did you check your credit card account?  did PM charged you?  If so, they have probably activated the account and just the web server not showing the correct result.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmacdou4 

if you are not Activate yet please do live chat with agent online click Here

only for New customer.

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back, Restart your device is will help,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.