Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Error (#802) / Duplicate Credit Card Charges

mtomkins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help with this doozy.

My partner just tried to switch from TELUS to Public Mobile and got an "802 ERROR" code three times in a row.

Assuming it was a credit card issue, we tried my credit card for a fourth time.

Now, there are FOUR separate charges on BOTH of our credit cards, and I have no idea how to reverse the damage with no one to speak to.

Pleeeeaase help us.

Thanks,

Matthew

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mtomkins wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hope you can help with this doozy.

My partner just tried to switch from TELUS to Public Mobile and got an "802 ERROR" code three times in a row.

Assuming it was a credit card issue, we tried my credit card for a fourth time.

Now, there are FOUR separate charges on BOTH of our credit cards, and I have no idea how to reverse the damage with no one to speak to.

Pleeeeaase help us.

Thanks,

Matthew

@mtomkins  - I think your SIM may be activated, try it and report back.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

AS for the extra charges....

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges show during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

If these end up being Authorized charges and the extra funds are not showing in your Available funds area, then contact CSA.

There are 2 ways to reach them, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

mtomkins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry, it's an #821 error:

Oops! Looks like something went wrong when activating your account.

Please start a conversation with our virtual assistant to create a troubleshooting ticket, and the next available Public Mobile Moderator can assist you in your activation via private messaging.

Note that you will need to create a Public Mobile Community Account to submit a ticket

For more information about Public Mobile support and how it works, click here.

Error Code: 821

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtomkins 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds:$$ has the amount left, leave it for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.....

Need Help? Let's chat.