cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating a sim card

Susan1975
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having issues activating my new sim card . When I get to the payment page and enter the payment info and after click enter it says problem activating account contact customer service.

I checked my account and the 40 dollars did come out Today right after I submitted the payment.

They owe me 40 dollars.

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Susan1975 wrote:

I am having issues activating my new sim card . When I get to the payment page and enter the payment info and after click enter it says problem activating account contact customer service.

I checked my account and the 40 dollars did come out Today right after I submitted the payment.

They owe me 40 dollars.

@Susan1975  -  are you able to log into self serve: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

Insert the SIM and see if you have any services - try:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then toggle back

*reset network settings on your device

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Susan1975     they might have activated the SIM already. did you try to put your SIM in a phone and try making an outgoing calls.  If it works, great.

If that does not work, then they might have charged you but the activation of the SIM was not successful.  Open a ticket with PM support with direct message (not sure if you have My Account setup to open ticket with Chatbot)

Send a message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**After you opened a ticket, CS Agent will contact you via Community inbox

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Susan1975 

Do you mean you were charged twice?
If this is the case, your second payment will be a credit so you don’t need to pay for the second month.

If extra charge is shown on credit card PM does not consider that as account credit. ONLY funds on PM account are actual credit (extra payments).

Erroneous CC charges have to be reported to agent for refund.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Susan1975 

If this is the case, your second payment will be a credit so you don’t need to pay for the second month.

When there are activation failures that result in a double charge, the additional charge doesn't get creditted to the Public Mobile account.  In these cases, Public Mobile customer support agents are to arrange for the incorrect charges to be fully refunded within 3 to 5 business days of being made aware of the erroneous charges.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Susan1975 

If your payment card was charged it means there is likely a provisioning issue with your sim card. Put the pm sim card in your phone and reboot to see if you have services. If you have no service then contact customer support and put "sim card did not provision correctly upon activation" in the subject line and leave a detailed message. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Susan1975 

Need Help? Let's chat.