cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating SIM card and transferring my previous number

jcyt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I activated my Public Mobile SIM card today and opted to transfer my number from my previous phone provider. But after replying 'YES' to my previous phone provider to transfer the number, I immediately got a text from Public Mobile that they are having issues with the transfer due to an incorrect input of the ESN/IMEI number (which I'm certain was correctly input) and that they will contact me shortly. It has been a half hour and no-one has contacted me yet. Any advice on what I can do to speed up the troubleshooting to ensure I have functioning phone service for my day at work tomorrow?

9 REPLIES 9

@jcyt gald it works.  Enjoy your service

Any issue..  you have the Community support at your back.:)

jcyt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for your input and support! I have since been in contact with CS_Agent and the TELUS team, the latter eventually resolving the issue with my previous provider. So I am now just waiting for the process to be completed. Have a good day everyone!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

It was the number we previously gave out and the current number is technically for koodo port support. Its not like they answer your call with "Public Mobile Port Support". If anything given the koodo credit card charges debacle earlier this year new customers may be more aware that they will be using the telus network as a pm customer rather than "koodo". In the end as long as the customer gets their port completed is what is important.....although pm prefers the latter number is shared by the community vs the former number.

I don't think we should give Telus porting team number. 

Yes, it is technically the same team , the same call centre, but when they pickup, they will say Telus porting support,  which will confuse people

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

That number works as well for port support only for pm customers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jcyt did you put in IMEI as the porting info?  Yes it always more trouble if you do not use Account #.  However, I am surprised you got the port authentication text and replied and still got the other text from PM. 

Reboot your phone once and see if you cam receive incoming calls. If you cannot receive incoming call, please call the porting support team for a status update and they will advise

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Timer wrote:

@jcyt 

in that  link  see the phone number to contact Port Team, to make sure your port in is going through.

That is Telus porting support. PM has different number I hope @esjliv  sent to customer.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jcyt it is likely you will not receive a call from PM. So you must make contact yourself here.

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

Or, for you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

edit, striked out extra word.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@jcyt 

in that  link  see the phone number to contact Port Team, to make sure your port in is going through.

or contact to support team by private message CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.