cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate my minutes

Nana2017
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought $15 Voucher I have $20 in my account. But my plan won’t activated. I have a $15 Plan. How do I activate my plan?

20 REPLIES 20

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nana2017 

I got the impression from your last thread that you have access to your self serve account. If so log in. Go to the plan and add ons page. For good measure scroll down the page and click on the little round arrow thingy at the bottom right to refresh the usage. Did you recieve the holiday gifts 2Gb data add on and the 500 international minutes add on? If so you do you have minutes left on the international add on? These minutes can be used to call within Canada as well but you will always get the "10 minutes remaining in your plan" text from 611 regardless of how many minute add ons you have on your account.

If you have no minutes left at all then you can click on the "Purchase Add ons" section. Scroll thru the options til you find the "500 Canada wide minutes add on/$5". Tick "1" and follow the prompts to your cart. Confirm and submit payment. Download your reciept when offered it's the only time you will be given this option.

Out of curiosity....when did you activate? Are you on the points program or the old $$ rewards?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There hasn't been a live person to talk to here for many years. There was some overlap for even older customers that could still talk to someone but that stopped a few years ago.

No, 611 does not offer that add-on. I know, it's stupid.

If you have a balance (you say you have $20) then the system will always take from that first at renewal. That also includes after the rewards pay in if you have them. Then if there isn't enough money to renew then it will take what it needs more from the registered credit card when autopay is turned on.

Are you able to log in to your account? Did you ever create it? That and the chatbot login are the only way to add that add-on. It's an excellent add-on for the limited minute plan.

Nana2017

I know its technically money that’s why I bought them to add top up my 30 day $15 plan.. that is why I bought more because I get a text saying I only had 10 minutes left and I needed to add to keep my account active. And there is no 1800 number to call anymore. 

Yes I am trying to do the add on but the *611 doesn’t give the option for that “$5 500 min”.... 500 minutes fir $5 add on??? The $15 plan only gives 100 minutes..😯😯😯🤔🤔🤔🤔 it only gives me the option for Data. 

My renewal date is Feb 2nd do I have to wait for that day to renew my plan and will it just automatically take the $15 from my account balance? I usually always topped up on due date..🙂🙂Thanks 

Hope you can help me out.. 😉😉

I

I think there might be some confusion here. Adding money into the account does nothing. It then has to be given something to do with the money. This happens at renewal or when buying add-ons. The voucher you bought isn't actually technically minutes. It's money. This service is not pay as you go. It's a 30 day plan.

What toll free number? There are two ways into the IVR system: 1. dial 611 on the device with the sim in, 2. dial 1-855-4pu-blic from any phone that can dial this kind of toll-free number (including the device).

It sounds like what you might want to do next is to buy the $5 500 minute Canada calling add-on.

Nana2017

My account has not been suspended. The reason for me buying the $15 is because I only have 5 calling minutes left. It usually just tops up when I put the PIN number from the Voucher on. 

My friend owns the cell phone store and she also said that the toll free number is no longer available. And she thinks my minutes didn’t top up my plan because my due date to top up is Feb 2.. but I have done it before 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

thanks @darlicious 

I guess one less trick to use now and more work for Support 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nana2017 

Reach out to customer support to reactivate your plan for you. The next time you are suspended for non payment or if you have used lost/stolen to self suspend your account for a maximum of 89/90 days the best way to avoid this new glitch is to add your voucher via the 611/IVR system or calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone number. Follow the prompts to add your voucher's 12 digit PIN #. Once the funds are added that equal or exceed your plan amount the system will automatically reactivate your account (as long as it isn't suspended via lost/stolen otherwise you must log in and unsuspend it first and then add the voucher via the 611/IVR system). Reboot if necessary.

@softech 

The lost/stolen trick no longer works to reactivate accounts with a balance. Only adding a $1+ manual top up payment either thru self serve**, the 611/IVR system or an instant top up/RTP (real time payment) will force payment and reactivate the account.

** The OP adding the voucher via self serve should have reactivated the plan and its concerning that this issue has returned with the loss of the lost/stolen trick workaround. This is one of the reasons reactivating a suspend account should not be left to day 89/90.

@Nana2017 - account still showing Suspended after hitting Resume/Reactivate?

So, this happened before and you had submitted a ticket with CSA to fix it? What did they say the reason was why you could not do it yourself; did they offer any troubleshooting for you to do?

@Nana2017 

After you add the funds and 'resume' or 'reactivate' your service, are you logging out of self-serve, then rebooting your device?

Try that, also try resetting network connections or toggling airplane mode on/off.

HI @Nana2017 

if you login to My Account and see enough money in Available Fund, try the Lost/Stolen trick

At My Account , top right,  Quick Link, click Lost/Stolen, and supend the service

E2-Lost-Stolen.jpg

Once suspended, logout from My Account.  Wait 5 mins, reboot the phone

Login to My Account using Incognito mode again, resume the service, then click Reactivate my plan to resume the plan. if you see status changes back to Active, logout My Account, reboot the phone and see if it works

Nana2017

Yes it does. I had $5 from last month. I bought $15 so now my balance is $20 but it’s not letting me activate my $15 Plan 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nana2017 

Logout and close all browser and clear cache/ cookies/ open inPrivate mode,from computer.try Login again

re-Add.

Nana2017

I tried that as well... this happen last mo th as well and it had to be done through customer service. But I don’t understand why it’s not automatically accepting the payment and letting me use the phone. This is never happened until 2 mo the ago. I put the minutes on and it good to go. But not now

@Nana2017 

Try rebooting your phone by powering off the phone by holding down the power button and then back on.

See if that works.

@Nana2017 wrote:

Not working

@Nana2017 - log out, and open a tab in incognito mode and access My Account that way.

Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.

Mac: Press + Shift + n.

What does the balance owing say when you log back in.

And, what does the available balance say?

If enough to cover your plan try the resume/reactive in the incognito mode window.

@Nana2017   try to login again using Incognito mode

and please confirm what you see on Available fund, how much, and what you see on Payment history page

Nana2017

Not working

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Nana2017 

Login to your account and go to payment and add your voucher PIN 12 number.

or call *611 and added.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nana2017 you have loaded the voucher onto your My Account yet?

login to My Account and check the Available Fund , check if it shows $20 or $15?  Check paymet history, does it show clearly you have loaded the voucher earlier?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nana2017 - are you in your My Account now? Do you see a resume/reactivate button? Select it.

Log out, then log back in. Does it now say Active status?

Need Help? Let's chat.