cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended prior to billing cycle

lrobic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have auto pay and my account was suspended the day before the billing cycle. This is completely unacceptable and I am wondering ? Will ? this will be fixed in the future?
I cannot have this happen to me. As somebody who works on call my finances and job security is dependant on a phone plan that works. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Patchio I guess it was resolved initially, but I agree maybe the title to update to Ongoing would be more appropriate 

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM 

If the problem that started last Wednesday is still on-going and being investigated, why does the subject heading of the announcement state [Resolved] when that clearly isn't the case?

I understand PM has a small team with limited resources, but it still took 48 hours and what resembled a Friday news dump to finally acknowledge there was a problem. On two separate occasions, the announcement thread noted that the problem had been resolved, only to backtrack when users reported that they were still having issues making and receiving calls. 

If the problem is going to remain unresolved and on-going for an indeterminate amount of time,  be upfront and inform PM users ahead of time so that there aren't unpleasant surprises when they actually try to make or receive a call.

Don't give users false hope just because it's part of PM's positive public relations marketing. 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@lrobic We are currently investigating. Please check announcements for updates. We completely understand the inconvenience and are working on steps to correct and resolve customers impacted. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@lrobic 

Several customers including myself had similar issues the last several days. Public mobile is aware of this issue and working on the fix.  

Here is the announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Service-Impacts/td-p/955119

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lrobic 

Autopay does fail. Log into self service and make a manual custom payment to reactivate your plan.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lrobic   maybe is a confusion of the billing cycle, payment date

PM is running on a 30 days cycle, not monthly.  But the "curren plan cycle" showing on My Account is confusing

E.g, you might see

Current Plan Cycle: Feb 01, 2023 - Mar 3, 2023

and You should see:

Amount Due: Mar 3 2023

What it really meant is the cycle in fact goes from Feb 1st to Mar 2 11:59 PM EST

So, you need to pay before Mar 3 if you are paying manually.

Or if you have Autopay enabled, PM's autopay will try to get money from your credit card shortly after  March 3, 00:00 AM EST

But Autopay could fail, could be an credit card problem or could be PM issue.  So, if there is any payment problem from Autopay, account will suspended after March 3 5AM EST. 

Need Help? Let's chat.