cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account functions - self serve, 611, chatbot

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Update: Just ridiculous. The chatbot self-serve has been gutted. Much of the rest of this is completely pointless.

After learning that the chatbot can do a bunch of account functions, I decided to make a chart of what I saw. Maybe things will change.

Start chatbot
Are you a customer - click yes
Click on the sign in - login box pops out - login using normal login credentials.

These are the differences between the self serve and 611 and the chatbot. The left column are all the things that can be done and seen in the self-serve.

Self ServeSuspended?611Suspended?ChatbotSuspended?
Lost/stolen phonex – via url    
Change simx – via url    
Change cardx - didn't test    
Toggle autopayxyesx  
Add funds     
use registered cardxyesx  
use voucherxyesx  
custom amountx - not when balance < planpresetsx  
change cardx    
Amount duexyesx  
Due datexyesxx 
Payment historyx    
Usage countersxData,Intl LDxYes – the 50 texts used counter doesn't work 
Usage detailsx    
Balancexyesxyesx
Shop add-ons Roaming, US LDx – didn't test  
Referral codex    
Plan detailsx    

Plan & Add-ons     
Change planx    

Payments     
Rewardsx    

Change passwordx  Yes – takes you to the standard change pagex
Change pinx – via url    
Change voicemail passwordx – via url  Yes – 10 digits – must change on first access 
toggle 2FAx    
Account numberx    
Simx    
Change number     
Change name, address, alternate #     
Transfer number     

Of course the voicemail password can be changed in the voicemail system. And the account password can be changed on the login page.

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Mucho gracias senor.

@hTideGnow wrote:

It is fun to use Chatbot for all those features.  But honest, it is for those "geeks"  more than for general customers. 

What do you have against geeks @hTideGnow ?😜

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv   You see that chat bubble when not logged in? 

@dabr  I have so many browsers/pages sometimes open these days, I actually didn't test it as much as I should have yesterday when I posted above. So thanks for pointing that out.

I will correct my above post because the way I wrote it is not accurate.

So, it seems it doesn't matter whether you are logged in or not. But the Chat Bubble shows a the bottom, right when going to the 'Get Help' page:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/give-help

esjliv_0-1662718977442.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Two words...no 2 f a. Now they'll shut it all down.

You're suspended, you can't access your email for its own 2 f a.

Your email account no longer exists.

You can't get the text anyway because you're suspended.

You've lost your sim.

Or, the site is down for maintenance.

Voila.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   You see that chat bubble when not logged in? 

I just opened PM's webpage in another browser and don't see anything?  Unless you mean the "Chat Now" option that pops up when clicking on one of PM's options for Shop or something?  I do see the chat bubble when clicking the Get Help though. 

Perhaps, PM removed it from the webpages (except Get Help) because customers were complaining that the bubble was taking up too much  space and hiding parts of the threads, especially if using mobile device?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

No idea why that chat bubble isn't visible when on the community page

It is visible when on the Get Help page area (desktop and mobile). I think it would make sense to also have it show on the Community Page.

edit, correction above for accuracy, thanks @dabr 

@dabr wrote:

Agree, I don't know why the chatbot isn't more visible

@dabr   Yes, I keep asking today.. where is Simple-Simon  🤣😂

Agree, I don't know why the chatbot isn't more visible if they want customers to use it as the first response, especially for newer customers who are not familiar with how all this online format works.  But it's definitely useful to know it has an expanded list of functions now.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @dust2dust for the useful information.

Just tried.  It is fun to use Chatbot for all those features.  But honest, it is for those "geeks"  more than for general customers.   Not too many people would notice such features in Chatbot.  

And if they want Chatbot to preform that, they should bring the "bubble" back out.  Honest, for newbie, they might even have hard time finding the Chatbot link 

But overall, good thinking, but still some fine tuning required

@dust2dust wrote:

After learning that the chatbot can do a bunch of account functions, I decided to make a chart of what I saw. Maybe things will change.

Start chatbot
Are you a customer - click yes
Click on the sign in - login box pops out - login using normal login credentials.

These are the differences between the self serve and 611 and the chatbot. The left column are all the things that can be done and seen in the self-serve.

This is something that Public Mobile has been working on for a while.  I'm skeptical about the usefulness of the SIMon/Self Serve integration as I believe that in most cases, it would be easier for the customer to simply go to the Self Serve account to perform the action.

@esjliv- I long ago dismissed it. I hate those stupid chatbots. But it was the Sep 8 maintenance announcement thread that mentioned some things one could do in the chatbot and I'm like what?! You can?! So I had a look. Here we are.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Are you dabbling into the ins and outs of SIMbot @dust2dust and just noticing recently how helpful it can be? Nice.

I think SIMbot is great to submit tickets also, super easy. Just gotta get by your first one, then smooth sailing.

I haven't used it for most of what you listed, but good testing and summary there.

I have tested this months ago, and I don't recall it working. But tried again just now and it worked.

"Are you a customer - click no".

If you are not a customer, but have a community account, you can still send an SMS verification code to a non-public mobile phone number and have a ticket submitted successfully.

But, now I am stuck with another community account. hum...wonder what can I do with that? 🤔 

I am sure other members could advise, LOL.

@softech- After what I saw with the chatbot, I had a look at what possible changes there might be in 611. I didn't detect any in a quick look around.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dust2dust the option menu for *611 is the same , right?  No new option in the menu??

Need Help? Let's chat.