cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended while on dynamic autopay

sbk1441
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I am on dynamic autopay and I just found out today that my account is suspended. I can't make any calls or texts, nor can I even find or check where my credit card is on my account. I have never had any problems with this before. I even made a payment with my credit card this morning because it said I have to, in order to re-instate my account. However, this did not solve my problem. Help would be grateful!

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@sbk1441 

Autopay will only try to charge your credit card once. If something happens at that moment (power surge, signal disruption etc...your autopay will fail. There are no second chances but sometimes if the error originates within your account it has a tendency to repeat itself the following month. Since you already have a balance of $15 why not top up the other $25 sometime before renewal and breathe easy next month?

Its sometimes recommended that you have a moderator look into the autopay failure in your account. Given the long wait times I would give it sometime since it isnt an urgent issue and wait until service times improve to the extent that your request can be resolved in one day.

sbk1441

this worked! Thank you

sbk1441

I tried topping up with 10$ initially which obviously didn't cover my 40$ plan. Then I paid 45$ to top up manually again. So, I guess the 15$ in my balance now makes sense after taxes. Thanks, this seems to have worked. Annoying though! Hopefully autopay will just kick in next month.

sbk1441

funds show in my account, like 15$. My plan is 40 plus tax minus the rewards I have. I have had no trouble before with PM. The odd thing is that my plan now works but calling does not work for some reason. All other features show that they are activated but my plan still says "expired" and my account is still suspended. It also won't let me add money into account because it says "funds are already there"

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sbk1441  Even if one of the suggestions works better open a ticket just in case they fail. Besides that's the only way PM will know the frequency of this really annoying bug. For, at least, some calling/texting service on wifi while you await resolution have a look at Fongo and TextNow. 

To open a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@sbk1441 can you first look at your cc statement and make sure pm actually took money from your card. if no payment has been taken or there is a pending payment. please login to your self serve and make a manual payment. choose the option 'other enter the desired amount' DO NOT choose 'amount due'. make a payment in the amount of your full plan costs. once you see 'available funds' in your account click the 'reactivate' button

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sbk1441 : While active status, the date at the top means as it says - BY - that date ie. 11:59pm ET. If one has autopay on then it runs through that night. But then sometimes autopay fails. So then try a manual payment from the registered payment card.

Edit: nice to see you around again Naepalm.

@sbk1441 have you cleared cookies or tried using a different browser? I find the site can be a bit glitchy and there are times that I need to change what browser I am using then the buttons in my self serve work again. Or clear your cache as well. 

Cheers.

@sbk1441 wrote:

Hi there,

all I see is”reactivate account and account suspended”

I tried the lost/stolen phone thing and it did not work. I wonder if it’s because January is 31 days? Seems like the payment won’t come out until tonight but my new plan starts today? Any help would be appreciated 

@sbk1441 

Public mobile cycles are every 30 days. January being 31 days should not make a difference. Autopay does fail at times unfortunately.

Did you already load up funds equivalent to your plan and the re-activation did not work?  What does your available funds show?  If the funds show, maybe try to manually load $1 into your account again then to restart the process.  If no funds show in your balance, then manually load funds equivalent to your month's plan

sbk1441

Hi there,

all I see is”reactivate account and account suspended”

I tried the lost/stolen phone thing and it did not work. I wonder if it’s because January is 31 days? Seems like the payment won’t come out until tonight but my new plan starts today? Any help would be appreciated 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sbk1441 

Log into your account and click on reactivate. If that doesnt take your payment from your balance to pay for your plan then go to the plans page or the usage page. Click on the lost/stolen button. Suspend your service. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot. You should have service.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi when you loginto selfseve what do you see?  

account status?

account balance?

renew button?

if inactive and balance is greater than plan try renew button or lost stolen:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

edit for creditcard: once in selfserve click payment and on very bottom click manage my credit card

Need Help? Let's chat.