cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended ... no way to fix?

s30_guy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

My account has been suspended due to insuficient funds, even though I had more than enough to cover it on my credit card. 

I noticed yesterday that I couldn't send/receive text messages. Most of the time I'm on WiFi, so I didn't notice it at first. 

I logged into my account this morning and saw the message that it was suspended and that I had to make a payment before Jan 3rd to keep the service, which obviously has passed. It's pretty rediculous that I didn't receive an email or SMS notification telling me that my account had been suspended. This seems like a basic customer service feature.

I then tried to renew the plan by making a payment, which I can see in my transaction history successfully went through. (I actually made 2 payments, so I should have double the amount I need). However, the page still says I have an account balance of $0 and my account is still suspeneded.

Would like to get resolved as soon as possible, since I don't want to lose my number. I also tried calling the help line, but it is saying the same thing.

Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10

thelastknight

Thanks for the community and the MODs for your assistance.

A MOD was able to fix my service problem by the next day and indicated that this was likely due to the US Roaming Add on.  I just needed to restart my phone after they fixed the problem on their end.

However, I did have to later inquire further about the accidental double payment (2 x $120) which I made since the system showed a big scary warning message that I did not pay my bill even though it was not yet due and I had setup "autopay".  A MOD later responded that I would be refunded $240, but it will take 3 weeks.

At the same time, I noticed that my new billing date was 120 days after I made the double payment (i.e. I accidentally made a double payment on January 7.  Now, the system says that my next payment is due April 7.)  The problem is that I am only about 100 days into my 120 day cycle.  I am assuming that the system thinks that my cycle got renewed when I made the double payment and I lost 20 days worth of service (which I double paid for unnecessarily)?  I am not sure.  At any rate, I am not sure if this will be corrected any time soon, but I at least wanted to share my experience for those having similar problems.

I do appreciate the help that the MODs provided.  I just wished that the problems with the billing and US Roaming Add On were worked out before they rolled it out to everyone.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Saray_O can you please look at this issue tomorrow for @thelastknight?

@thelastknight it will be tomorrow before you hear anything back; moderator coverage is 9AM - 5:30PM Eastern (Toronto/Montreal) time on Fri-Sun.  [And 9AM - 9PM Eastern Mon-Thurs).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

thelastknight
HELP! I have the exact same problem and I also accidentally made 2 payments and my account is still not active. Please help!

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just a quick verification - did you take advantage of a US roaming package sometime recently?

s30_guy

Thanks @Shazia_K. That did the trick!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @s30_guy,

Please check PMs. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

s30_guy

@Pier - I tried logging in on a fresh browser session and it didn't update my account balance.

s30_guy

Thanks @Shazia_K, I've sent you PM. 

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @s30_guy

@Sorry to hear that. PM always send notification messages before your plan is expire, and your account will mostly be suspended after one month of non-payment. Just clear your browser and try to reactivate your account. That should help.

YOURS,

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @s30_guy

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you please send me a PM with your Public Mobile phone #?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.