cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended because of $0 owing

whyih8telus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not sure how posting this could possibly help, but since I'll probably post it as a warning to potential Public Mobile customers on other sites, I might as well post it here too.

My account was suspended due to a "billing issue." The poorly programmed IA is now telling me that because I owe $0, my account cannot be reactivated until I pay the afore mentioned $0. Perhaps someone that reads this will know how to do that.

The IA recommended I open a ticket about my "payment issue," however, the ticketing system is unable to verify my account credentials (they are correct, I can log into my account), or send an SMS to confirm the account (account suspended), or verify my credit card (because I've been Fd over so many Canadian telecom providers I now refuse to give them a credit card or any banking information and use prepaid exclusively.)

In addition to these "payment" and "verification" issues, my plan was set to change at the beginning of the new billing cycle, and it didn't. Not sure how or who to report that to.I suspect this is the last month I'll be with Public Mobile, because they appear to have no way to report problems with their service, but at least they only stole 1 month's billing from me!

Additionally, the new website launched about a month ago doesn't work on my phone (it is the only website I've encountered that doesn't work on my phone), and I have to log in using my PC, which seems counterproductive for a mobile phone company. Again, no way to report this.

9 REPLIES 9

Well so there you go. And here you were coming in talking all what's the point. Ta da. That's the point. 🙂 This community is intended as the first point of contact for customers. The community is made up of fellow customers who like to help. Often the community members know things and have figured out things that the actual salaried support people don't. Or that they would provide the same ideas that the community members would so why bother going to them and waiting for their response when the response here is mostly almost instant.

So the only real need for the support people is internal account things. And the community members can discern when that's needed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@whyih8telus 

Thanks for that feedback I had a similar issue myself reactivating an account with an account balance and another member reported a similar issue whereas they were able to download a receipt but the payment was not taken. They needed customer support to help reactivate the service as they were near the 90-day of suspension if I recall correctly.

It's always best to add voucher payments via 611 or phoning 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10-digit phone number. Press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN code from your voucher and your account will automatically reactivate if it's suspended for non-payment or it will load the funds onto your balance.

But when it comes to reactivating near the 90th day this ensures an automatic reactivation whereas you may have lost your account if you'd be near the 90th day when you added your vouchers last week. This feedback from you is invaluable and may save someone losing their account one day. Thank you!

whyih8telus

Hello Timer, thanks, I read this after figuring it out, but you were on the right track.

When I added top up vouchers last week they did not actually register (or something). Anyway, they were showing as payments in my regular browser, but when I logged in incognito they were not showing. After resubmitting the same vouchers in incognito mode, the account was immediately unsuspended. Curious issue. Thanks for posting your answer.

whyih8telus

Thanks dust2dust, I never considered 'sneaking into' my billing account. Incognito mode allowed me to see that the vouchers I added last week were no longer showing as payments. Fortunately I still had them and when I resubmitted them they worked again. The account was immediately unsuspended, and the credit I was expecting to see on the account was showing again. Strange issue. Thanks for the assist.

whyih8telus

Thanks for the feedback. I did not know I could open a ticket to CS_Agent via the private message. However, another answer actually helped me figure out the problem without needing to contact them.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@whyih8telus 

use browser from computer,/clear cache/cookies/use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode, 

if from browser mobile Chrome, go view in desktop mode.

1. Tap on the menu options.
  2. Select the checkbox against the Desktop site.
  3. and clear cache and cookies and use one page incognito.

here link for photo  View Desktop Site.  check it out how to do it

To Login Page 

review your payment history,about losing one month.

you saw a message at your Account Suspended?
so if your account it's working and you getting this message then is fine this message will be come on day before renewal cycle, and it's will be automatically take payment from your autopayment.

but if your service not working and your account suspended then how many day was?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@whyih8telus 

Lol... I just read your username.😅

Okay getting back to the issue with the $0 amount owing. When you phone 611 or 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10-digit phone number what does that tell you? Do you owe $0 or do you owe your plan amount or some amount between the two?

If you owe any amount you will need to make a payment with a voucher that equals or exceeds whatever the amount is that is owing when you call the 611/IVR system. The new self-serve apparently "mobile friendly"accounts have major issues with mobile and has cache issues and works with less browsers than before but it sure looks pretty doesn't it?

Top of your account with whatever amount is needed to pay for your plan via 611 and this will automatically reactivate your account avoid at this point the self-serve account to make any payments when reactivating.

If you have made a payment and you do not owe any money and it's sitting in your balance you most likely have to contact customer support to reactivate your account for you. In the meantime you can try suspending your account via lost/stolen. Log out. Log in. Resume your service. Log out again and reboot and see if your phone works.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried using incognito mode? Or a different browser? At least you can login using a PC. But you may still want to use incognito.

As for the $0, on the PC, can you click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down. Maybe some numbers will change. You should see what your current balance is. You should see what your plan is. You should see if it's active.

The major problem with the new site seems to caching from their server. Thus the little refresh and/or incognito.

There's an option to use prepaid visa gift cards. That way it isn't your real proper credit card.

Are any services working right now?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@whyih8telus 

You can report these issues to customer support by sending a private message via your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar. But I will also give you a link if you prefer to prefill the send to with CS_Agent.

Edit:

Click or tap on the second link and skip my big rant go straight to the spoiler read my advice in there and click the link.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Need Help? Let's chat.