cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended Without Warning

dwright27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning, 

I was out this morning and needed to make a call, only to be met with the “We’re sorry, there is no plan associated with your account” message. I have been on Auto-Pay for as long as I have had an account. I checked my bank account and the payment came out today. My bank card is not expired. I got the text the other day telling me my amount and when it was due, and to ignore it if I was on Auto-Pay. 

Luckily, the phone call I needed to make was not urgent. If there had been an emergency I would have been completely screwed. I just had to pay a second time to get my phone working again because I can’t wait the 48 hours for someone to respond to my ticket. 

How can this happen with ZERO warning, on an account in good standing?? 

My experience with Public Mobile up until now has been great, but this is very upsetting as I was out by myself in a rural area. 

Thank you.

26 REPLIES 26

@Meow : Another thread has happened but we don't yet know if it was Visa Debit on that one. This one was. I might be wondering if a trend has popped up. We'll see as the few days traffic will tell.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dwright27  "If there had been an emergency I would have been completely screwed."

You know you can call 911 without cell service....

People really need to know this.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dwright27 wrote:

Good morning, 

I was out this morning and needed to make a call, only to be met with the “We’re sorry, there is no plan associated with your account” message. I have been on Auto-Pay for as long as I have had an account. I checked my bank account and the payment came out today. My bank card is not expired. I got the text the other day telling me my amount and when it was due, and to ignore it if I was on Auto-Pay. 

Luckily, the phone call I needed to make was not urgent. If there had been an emergency I would have been completely screwed. I just had to pay a second time to get my phone working again because I can’t wait the 48 hours for someone to respond to my ticket. 

How can this happen with ZERO warning, on an account in good standing?? 

My experience with Public Mobile up until now has been great, but this is very upsetting as I was out by myself in a rural area. 

Thank you.

@dwright27 If you lost your services then this does sound like a failed autopay.

I am glad you were able to get your services working again.

Whether or not you ended up paying once or twice I would still report the autopay failure to the Moderators. I really have not heard of so many 'autopay' failures with any other vendor before; although I am sure it happens.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

dwright27

@z10user4 

I will set up my bank to pay it a few days early going forward. Thanks for that. Hopefully this isn’t a more widespread issue (re: the other thread you mentioned). 

@darlicious 

Thank you for that detailed breakdown of the schedule. So there is a short grace period, just when most of us are asleep.. lol. 

@BearFBI 

Yes I am aware that 9-1-1 will still work, but there could have been other non-life-threatening emergencies, or one involving my sick father where they would have been trying to reach me. It’s unfortunate but I have come to rely on my phone far more than I’d realized until I was without, even for a couple of hours. 

@esjliv 

I have been in contact with a moderator, a payment investigation is underway both on PM’s end and my bank’s. I’m going to set it up to pay early to hopefully avoid any issues going forward. 🙂 

dwright27

It looks like that other thread was posted by my dad.. lol. 

dwright27

Welp, there goes that idea. Public Mobile is not in the list of available payees for CIBC. It doesn’t allow a manual addition. 😫

@dwright27 : I know you've had a lot to digest in this thread but I had mentioned that here recently when you hinted at paying early from your bank. No indeed. It's what I call push or pull. Paying from the bank is a push whether recurring or manually. Paying via this autopay is a pull. This place doesn't take push.

You could use the "heads up" text as your reminder that it's time to pay. You could use 611 and your 4 digit PIN and your pre-registered payment card. Or log in and use it. You could also pay by the Instant Top-up method at some stores like gas stations. Vouchers would be more work but also 611 or login.