cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Registration - Email Too Long

varushika
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to refer a friend and the Account Setup will not allow her to setup her account because her email is more than 30 characters long. Please advise. She does not want to make another email just for public mobile. @CS_Agent 

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@varushika  Try sending them an email by truncating the first part of their email so that the total length is 30 characters long. If they received your email just ask them to use the 30 character version instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use webnames, yahoo, gmail and telus. GMail was the only one with the convenient, on-the-fly aliasing.

Some have aliases that you can configure.

Otherwise it's create another email address and just forward it to ones main address.

@esjliv It looks like an alias address can be shorter for Microsoft addresses, but I'm not sure about G-Mail.  There also no guarantee that aliases are supported by this person's e-mail provider.

@varushika You're going to have to use a different e-mail address.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@varushika wrote:

I am trying to refer a friend and the Account Setup will not allow her to setup her account because her email is more than 30 characters long. Please advise. She does not want to make another email just for public mobile. @CS_Agent 

@varushika 

Hi, maybe she can set up an alias email:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-or-remove-an-email-alias-in-outlook-com-459b1989-356d...

Need Help? Let's chat.