cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account 613-xxx-xxx

prettyniagara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was a Public Mobile customer,and have changed to Freedom. Can you double check that I have cancelled with you, and confirm that you will not charge me anymore? My phone number is 613-xxx-xxxx. Thanks!

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

19 REPLIES 19

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@prettyniagara

Are you posting your number on purpose? You did the same thing on your other post and you were warned. Not surprised you will get a lot of spam now.

Your other post have the solutions with cancelling your account when you ported out.

Unfortunately no refund on prepaid plans like all other carriers policy.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@prettyniagara please remove your phone number for your best interest

PM is prepaid and you won't get any refund

just login My Account, Payment page, Mange payment method to disable Pre-authorized payments.  After it is disabled, PM won't be charging you again.  You account will then be suspended on the next renewal date and closed 90 days after that

You can also choose to port your number out and your account will be closed immediately 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You won't get a refund. So just don't let it take money on the next renewal.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@prettyniagara  Under your name to the right by time stamp arrow tap it and edit personal info if you can log in to self serve just disable auto pay to cancel or if you port your number it will automatically cancel plan or you can have support remove cc info right away to cancel 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

prettyniagara

Please cancel my account (phone number 613-xxxxxxxxx and refund me the balance. Thanks!

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@prettyniagara can u log in to your self service account, if yes, u still on PM, other wise you are ported out with PM

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman    Unfortunately, you'll also need to edit every post that responded to OP's thread before you edited the original post as your edit does not automatically edit subsequent responses.  This issue has been previously noted by @computergeek541 and @dust2dust .  Perhaps, this limited edit function can be shared with management within the oracles forum, if not already?

edit:  @Luddite  perhaps you can edit here, thanks.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@prettyniagara 

You must have ported out after your renewal date. Best to port out a day or 2 before your renewal date so this won’t happen.

PM is a prepaid service so normally has no refund but it is worth a try and contact a CS_Agent to see what they can do for you.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

t looks like you just initiated your Community account less then 1 hr ago. You show your account and phone number details -- why?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@prettyniagara  If your owed a refund you will need to talk to support for this 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@prettyniagara as my suggestion above, open ticket with PM support and they will arrange refund and fix it

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

prettyniagara

The problem is that Public mobile still charges me. How can I ask for refund, and make sure that they don't charge me again? Thanks! 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@prettyniagara everything should be good.  I would say monitor your CC account closely. 

if you really want to double check,  open ticket 8th PM support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you ported your number to Freedom then your PM account is closed/deleted.

You should Not be charged anymore but still watch your credit card as errors did occur in the past.

toppy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@prettyniagara if you ported to Freedom. the PM won't charge u again.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@prettyniagara 

If you ported out of PM, if you tried to login to your account..,you can’t because your account is now closed and your SIM will not work any longer.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@prettyniagara  Also under your name to the right by time stamp tap arrow and edit out personal information this is public forum 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@prettyniagara  If your ported your number out successfully then ur pm account is closed automatically 

Need Help? Let's chat.