cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally changed my number!

megaexplosions
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

Just signed up with Public Mobile earlier this week and everything has been great so far!

Early this morning I was browsing the site to see what features/ options I had as a customer on the site and I noticed there was a change number feature.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on it which eventually ended up me accidentally changing my number (there was no real warning message of some sort like "Are you SURE you want to change?").

I just told all my contacts my new number, changed my numbers for all my apps as well as banking/ other important sites earlier this week - I don't want to spend the hours doing it again 😞

I can't seem to change my number to what it was before (not giving me the option to customize my number), does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mmghaznfar wrote:

This is my business number and I can offord this number to be off for one month, so please make it back to assign me my number Thanks

@mmghaznfar you've replied to a topic that has been dormant for just shy of 3 years, which is why you're getting no responses.  Did you accidentally port a number you didn't intend to?  You are going to need to send a private message to the moderator team for help.  You can learn more including how to do that here:  How to Get Help

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mmghaznfar

This is my business number and I can offord this number to be off for one month, so please make it back to assign me my number Thanks

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren

Thank you for chiming in 🙂

Assuming the number is available and our system would allow the release, we can look into possibly getting it back. However, we can only conclude this once the 30 day period has passed - it's a tricky situation.

I hope that helps,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai what @megaexplosions is asking is, assuming nobody else has claimed the number and it's still available, could they or a PM staff member request that specific number at that time.  I believe the answer to that is probably not, but hopefully @Mary_M can weigh in?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@megaexplosions wrote:

Thanks for the swift response.

I am not sure what you mean. Provided the number is AVAILABLE after 1 month, will I be able to change it to that number specifically?

As Mary said, the number you had before goes into another pool of number where they have no control. It might not be available because someone might take that or it remains in another pool.  

megaexplosions

Thanks for the swift response.

I am not sure what you mean. Provided the number is AVAILABLE after 1 month, will I be able to change it to that number specifically?

Hello @megaexplosions

Thank you for your reply !

There is actually no way around it - the system will not allow us to change the phone number.

You will however be able to change it in one month from today, but there is no guarantee that the number will be available (the same applies for right now as well). Once a number is changed, it goes into another pool of numbers which we do not have control over.

We will be sure to forward your comments!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

megaexplosions

There is no way around the policy? When you say one month, do you mean starting from today or the calendar month? Finally, after the month, will I be able to choose my old number again (provided it isn't taken)?

If anything, the "confirm" button is rather insignificant and there is no warning at any all (pop up or any side text) -- maybe you could foward this to the web designers to add a warning on the side so future users don't run into what I just did. Heres a screenshot of what I mean:Capture.PNG

Hey @megaexplosions

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sorry to hear about this - I regret to inform you, however we cannot regain the number. Additionally, per Public Mobile's policy, only 1 number change is allowed per month therefor we would need to let that timeframe pass before taking any further steps/changing your number again. This is why the system asks you to confirm the number change.

I hope this helps!

Maru

megaexplosions

I looked through the numbers and wondered if the process was similar to when I registered (being able to choose the last 4 digits of your number).

I DID pick a number however the accidental part was when I clicked the "confirm" button as silly as that sounds. Smiley Frustrated

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@megaexplosions, I'm going to tag the moderator(s) for you.

@Shazia_K@Mary_M@Saray_O

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear that.

But it cannot be accidentally, as you have to

- choose an option from the page

- pick a phone number

- and "confirm" the change.

By clicking this Confirm button, you agree to the changes.

Need Help? Let's chat.